Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/13/2007 7:47:02 PM EDT
I own Kalashnikovs from just about every Country that I can get one from, And Allthough I Love the Yugoslavian AKs as that is my Familys History, ( I own eight Yugos ), I have a thing for Valmets, as Finn is in my Bloodline as well and I own three Valmets. I just wish that someone would post something about the Valmet Weapons as I dont like going to other sites to talk to Folks about them. I like THIS SITE as it is the best one there is!.
Best Regards To All,
Chefgun.
Link Posted: 9/13/2007 7:57:42 PM EDT
[#1]
There might be one in my safe

I've owned a few over the years, IMO Valmets are the coolest of the pre-89 guns by far.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 4:50:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Any chance of Valmet parts kits?
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 5:48:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had this one since the early 80's.
An extremely nice weapon.

Link Posted: 9/15/2007 1:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No.
Link Posted: 9/15/2007 9:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Edwin, Very nice stamped reciever M78, Do you think that you would be interested in a wood forearm for your piece?, If so let me know. Valmet Kits ? No Way, Sorry but its hard to find a Magazine for a Valmet, Let alone a bolt, fireing pin Etc. I really love ALL Kalashnikovs,and I own many from different countrys,but I think collecting Valmets is kind of like buying a Euro Sports Car, Every thing that says Valmet, has LOTS of .000 after the doller sign!!, What I mean is if you start getting really into them you can see money vanish very quick, But to me they are worth it becuse they hold there value VERY WELL. For anyone that wants to get a GOOD LOOK, go to, Valmet.org and you will see some EYE CANDY!. Lets KEEP this Valmet thing going, and for Guys that have a intrest in them you can pick up a nice Valmet M76 wood stock in .223 on Gunbroker most of the time for about 1200.00 to 1500.00 for a pristeen one. Forget about the tube folders, M78s and M76 Milled .308s unless you want to lay down some hard money, But than again they are like money in the bank!. For instanse, There is a M71 on Gunroker right now, its #, 80644462, that you can pick up for about 1300.00. Normally I would advise not to guy a M71 as most have a plastic butt stock that tends to crack, But this one has aVERY NICE looking Walnut Butt Stock so it would be a good investment. I would pick it up for that price but I allreaddy have one. Anyways,
My Best Regards To All,
Chefgun.

We May Not Allways Agree, But We Will Allways Be Friends!
Link Posted: 9/28/2007 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Even the Finns can't really get spare parts for their Valmets anymore!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:34:54 AM EDT
[#7]
I just picked up the M76 this summer and the M82 yesterday.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Patswin3,
Very nice Valmets, The Bullpups are one you dont see to often, The side folder M76 is also a score as they bring more than a wood stock. Myself I like the wood stock M76, Valmets but on the open market your side folder will fetch more money than a wood stock, Except for a wood stock M76 .308 and they are VERY HARD to find!. I have one in my collection that I have posted on the AK-47, has ( Family Pics ). I just looked and its deleated becuse its too old i guess, I will try to post some pics for you.
Best Regards,
Don.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top