User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/21/2007 8:31:03 PM EDT
Anyone tried one o' dees?
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 7:20:08 AM EDT
[#1]
PRI manufactures some good stuff.

The only descriptions I could find on this specific mount are pretty generic, though.  And lightweight probably = aluminum, which = suck for a Galil rifle mount.  

Might drop them a line and ask what it's made of and whether it's over-centerline or displaced left.

http://www.pri-mounts.com/
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Do you know of any good mount for the Galil? OR do I have to roll with night sights. I emailed Ultimak and I'm waiting for a response. All IMI GALIL mounts are displaced, correct. I do not like that one bit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 4:53:41 AM EDT
[#3]
There are a few IMI steel over-centerline rail mounts available out there.  You have to hunt for them, and they are pricey, but there is, IMO, not a better mount for the Galil out there.

There are also some IMI steel over-centerline STANAG mounts that are relatively cheap and easier to find.  Modify one with a high-quality steel adapter rail, and you're in business.  This is, again IMO, the second-best solution.

And I prefer the lever mounts.  Screw-in mounts can cause cracks in the receiver if you torque them down too muh, or loosen and dump your scope if you don't tighten them enough.  IMI lever mounts don't have those problems.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 5:03:59 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks over the center. I have 2 of the screw knob over the centers from AA that I have used for the last 12 years and they work fine. Never have a problem with it getting loose (but I guess it could) You just have to not be the Hulk when you tighten it. It takes a lot to crack a receiver, almost gotta be stupid to do it. I have most of the throw lever mounts as well but they are all offset. I know there are two over the center orginal throw lever mounts but they will go for 350-450 if you can find one.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top