Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2007 12:16:31 PM EDT
how does Galil secure the top cover to keep zero on the sights?  got any pics?  or is it just like an AK (retained by buffer spring)?
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just like the AK system, except the fit is a little tighter and the lug on the rear end of the recoil spring extends farther back, giving a more secure lockup.
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:06:44 PM EDT
[#2]
AK/Galil topcover comparison

Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Id really like to see proof.  The zero was one of the questions I always had when I was working in Colombia, and never did get around to borrowing one from the LBG's I was working with and going to the range and testing it.

Link Posted: 2/19/2007 6:59:29 PM EDT
[#4]
how accurate can the rear sight actually be  I mean its not a peep sight and the blade is fairly wide more of a combat sight than a accuracy sight   thats why the scope mount is milled into the side and not on the top cover   I doubt even a AK topcover would move enough to loose minute of pieplate at 100

just my .02$  YMMV

ETA  I ment not a target peep sight   the peep is a wide open combat peep
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... its not a peep sight ...

On a Galil? The rear sight on a Galil is a peep, very much like an AR sight.
Link Posted: 2/20/2007 9:42:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't know, mine seems to hold it's zero just fine. The fit is better than any AK top cover.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#7]
If they are tight when they go on they will hold zero just fine.  The kit I just put together had a top cover that was a little loose and it didn't shoot as it should.  I little time with the mig welder on the top cover and all is well now.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top