Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/26/2006 10:41:22 AM EDT
Well, thanks to the fine folks here and over at Valmet.org I've become a member of Valmets Anonymous.  Here she is:

Sorry the photos aren't so hot - I'm still trying to get used to this new-fangled digital camera but it will give you an idea.  I wanted a Galil but decided to buy a Plasma TV for the family and had to "settle" for a M76 Folder!  It was $1300 LESS than the Galil I was going to buy.  I'm in love with this thing - going to take her out to the range tomorrow and see what's she's got.

Thanks again to all the great folks here at the Galil/Valmet forum who put up with all my questions.

John
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
swetet.  that stock always intrigued me.  looks wicked.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:34:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice score!  I love the look of the Valmet tubular folders.

Do you have just to two mags?
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys - the stock is way cool and pretty comfortable for my meaty shoulder.  As far as mags - the two originals came with the rifle but I've got 4 Tromix Bulgarian waffle mags and two more original 30 rounders coming.  I plan on shooting this thing a lot.

John
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:04:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:12:28 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks guys - the stock is way cool and pretty comfortable for my meaty shoulder.  As far as mags - the two originals came with the rifle but I've got 4 Tromix Bulgarian waffle mags and two more original 30 rounders coming.  I plan on shooting this thing a lot.

John

can't wait to get my tromix saiga mags....
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:23:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I would have liked to find one of the few M76 7.62x39s but I couldn't afford one even if I could find one.  I saw a FIXED tube stock M76 7.62 x 39 somewhere in my searches (Sturmgewehr?) and I think it was around $3300.  IMHO these folding tube stock Valmets are the coolest looking of the AKs and variants and I was really happy to find this one.  Of course, now that I have this one there are two of the .223 folders on Gunbroker right now - one starting at $1280 but it's missing the stock latch and has some funky looking mags? and another for $2200 that looks ok but has some scratches on the barrel and receiver.  I paid closer to the first price so I feel pretty lucky.

John
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:49:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Great score! I did see that one missing a the rod for the folder, can't image how much that part would cost or even if you could find it. If you paid closer to that one than the other you got a great deal also. I got my 62 in but can't get the photo's to up load right . I can do it on other sites don't know what I am doing wrong.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#9]
sasm7,

You're using the yellow photo button just above and to the left of  "Size 4" in the insert tags section right?  If so you just plug in or type in the photo location URL after clicking on the button and then hit OK.  You do this for each photo.  It's what I did.  I'd like to see your 62.

John

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:00:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I would have liked to find one of the few M76 7.62x39s but I couldn't afford one even if I could find one.  I saw a FIXED tube stock M76 7.62 x 39 somewhere in my searches (Sturmgewehr?) and I think it was around $3300.  IMHO these folding tube stock Valmets are the coolest looking of the AKs and variants and I was really happy to find this one.  Of course, now that I have this one there are two of the .223 folders on Gunbroker right now - one starting at $1280 but it's missing the stock latch and has some funky looking mags? and another for $2200 that looks ok but has some scratches on the barrel and receiver.  I paid closer to the first price so I feel pretty lucky.

John

Where did you find yours?  That is a great price on the folder.  The ones I have seen listed were closer to $2K.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Actually, I found it on Sturmgewehr - I almost hurt myself typing the guy.  All the ones I had see were $2k or better too.  It was the best price I had seen on a folder except for the one on GB right now for $1260 - if you had whatever part it is missing and there aren't any others missing, it could be the steal of the decade.  As Templar eluded to, parts aren't too plentiful.  And what kind of mags are with it?  They don't look Valmet.

John
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I tried again and again no luck. I can email you a pic of both of them. IM me and I'll send it over.
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Talk about having trouble - I can't get the IM thing to work for me.  I'll have to wait for my 16 year old son to get home so he can show me what I'm doing wrong.

John
Link Posted: 1/27/2006 2:05:38 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I tried again and again no luck. I can email you a pic of both of them. IM me and I'll send it over.

A lot of servers allow you to upload your picture to thier server like an email attachment, this site does not.  If you have them already hosted on the web, then you can copy and paste the link using the URL code or even just copy the text here so people can copy it to thier browsers.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Man, looking at that thing........

I owned one just like that and stupidly sold it.  

I owned another one just like that in 7.62x39mm and really stupidly sold it.  To a buddy.  For what I thought was slightly below market price because he was a buddy.

Then I found out that they only imported something ridiculous like 38 M76F's in 7.62x39mm

Not trying to rub salt in your wound, but I almost made the same mistake with my M62.  Man sorry to hear that pal.

Levallois, nice gun dude!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Nice rifle...you'll love it!

I picked this one up, NIB and unfired for $1100 shipped off gunbroker in late 2004.  I didn't meet the reserve, and the guy emailed me after the auction closed and said he'd sell it to me, with 4 mags, in the box (missing the bayonet though) for my top bid.
http://images5.fotki.com/v62/photos/2/28682/767843/1202089_IMG-vi.jpg
http://images5.fotki.com/v62/photos/2/28682/767843/1202084_IMG-vi.jpg

Valmets are great guns...I wish parts were more available though...
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 12:43:55 PM EDT
[#17]
nice!!!!
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Pit Bull,

That was a steal, even in late 2004.  I think they've gone up a bit - fast-forward to January 2006 and  I paid $1600 with two 30-round factory mags, no box, no manual, no sling, no bayonet AND I was very happy to do it.

John
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top