Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/10/2005 3:33:46 PM EDT
looking for opinions on what to mount on my .223 M76.
I just got one of the hard to find scope rail top covers, now i need some decent optics that will fit the 1" rings.
iIm lloking for possibly a red dot, or maybe somthing in the 3-4x range.
ranges i shoot are CQB to 200m
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you considered an Accupoint? 1.25-4x, illuminated ret, 1" tube.
Link Posted: 12/10/2005 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Have you considered an Accupoint? 1.25-4x, illuminated ret, 1" tube.

oh wow, that would be perfect. a lil bit more than i want to spend, but i think that i might have to bust  my piggybank. Definetely gonna consider.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 10:12:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Accupoints are great.
But take note of the very long eye relief of the 1.25x4 version, it's more like 5" than 3".
May be problematic to mount if you can't move the rings etc.
Link Posted: 12/11/2005 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#4]
just purchased an accupoint 1.1-4x
ill post results, and if relief is a prob
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 1:21:47 PM EDT
[#5]
arrrggghhhh, paid almost 500 for an accupoint, and it DOES NOT FIT TYHE VALMET RINGS!!!!
the tube seems to be a c-hair  bigger than the top ring.
it fits the bottom part of ring, but the top wont slide over, it almost seems that i could force it on, and it would work, but im gonna scratch the hell out of the tube.
now im gonna mount the accupoint on my Beowulf and look for something else for the valmet, or just sell the fricken scope mount altogether.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top