Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2005 9:05:44 PM EDT
First off , I want a Shooter!  Not a Safe Queen.
I will use the rifle for Tactical 3-gun and it will take a beating.
I know the Galil can take the beating , but hate to ugly-up a collectors item , which is where these rifles have moved into.
But , Damm , I have always wanted a GALIL ARM 5.56mm  
I save well over a grand by getting the KTR , enought for a EoTec , lots of mags and a quarter ton of ammo.
Except for the personal satafaction , what am I going to get from a Galil that the KTR will not give me?
Getting both is not a option  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:09:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I say get the Galil. If nothing else, you can always resell it and get your money back.

I was originally inclined to tell him get the Galil as well.....then I re-read the part where he said "it will take a beating".  IMHO, I would get the Krebs for this purpose.  No doubt that the Galil could certainly handle a beating, but I just would cringe at the thought of spending that much money and f'ing it all up, as opposed to spending relatively low dough and shooting/beating the piss out of it.  YMMV.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought Krebs stopped making the KTR.  If not, where can you purchase one?

-JZ
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

-JZ

R-guns.  Krebs stopped making the KTR/Veper convertion.
Riz
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-JZ

R-guns.  Krebs stopped making the KTR/Veper convertion.
Riz

But I have a used 7.62X39 VEPR based KTR03V for sale if that is the model you seek.

Kevin
[email protected]
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top