Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2003 3:17:57 PM EDT
Can anyone reccomend a place for Galil .308 magazines?  The cheapest I've seen for them is $90 a pop at CDNN & with the AWB set to sunset in 9 months, that's one investment I'm unwilling to make!!  Is there anything else there that's cheaper?
Thanks,
John
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 4:12:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I wish there were, cause I have been looking.

2 just aint enough.
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 11:52:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Any place to find the 5 rounders? [:\]
Link Posted: 12/19/2003 6:59:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't see the prices going down too much after the ban.

IMI is not making these things any more.  They can legally import as many as they want to if they were made prior to '94, which is why FAL, AK, and G3 magazines are dirt cheap right now, and why Galil 5.56 magazines are available and relatively inexpensive ($20-$30).

I've picked a few up while searching the EE forum, but the best deals I've found were some IMI converted M14 magazines for about $70.00.

Go ahead and buy the ones from CDNN.  I can't see them getting any cheaper.

The only way they'd get cheaper is if someone in the USA decided to start producing Galil .308 magazines, and....

#1-the market isn't really there for someone to tool up to do so

#2-the quality of the US made magazines would be HIGHLY suspect.

These magazines have always been expensive.  I remember paying $50.00 for them in 1990.

Link Posted: 12/20/2003 2:31:45 PM EDT
[#4]
There's lots of .308 Galil mags in central and south america. Somebody just needs to bring em in.
Link Posted: 12/22/2003 9:33:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
There's lots of .308 Galil mags in central and south america. Somebody just needs to bring em in.

I'd think the FARC would want to hang on to them?
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:20:53 PM EDT
[#6]
FWIW, I will dispel the rumors.

You can (and I have) modify the 12rd blank firing magazines (available at CDNN for $20) to a capacity of 15 real rounds.

You may proceed.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#7]
how easy/difficult is it to do the mod?  Lol... I'm not much of a gunsmith!! do you need any additional parts or anything??  15 rounds is a nice improvement on 12.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:35:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I used a pair of wire cutters to trim out the wire block on the floorplate. Thats it.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top