Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/21/2003 6:58:03 PM EDT
Investment Grade Firearms put some new pics up on their website of their Galil builds...SWEET.

www.investmentgradefirearms.com/services_Galil.htm

Link Posted: 5/21/2003 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
What type of receiver is that?

That's a beautiful rifle. I would like to have a Galil AR clone with the full 18" barrel. I wonder if anyone can get Galil MAR receiver covers with pictinny rails. That would be a great combo.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Im going to assume its Hesse...
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 10:17:44 PM EDT
[#3]
What kind of price we lookin' at here ?

t
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
DAMMIT!! Seeing these pics makes me tempted to buy a Hesse Galil and send it off immediately to be fixed....
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:39:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Instead of Hesse, check out Krebs Custom guns.Look for the KTR-03,they'll build it pretty much the way you want& in different calibers.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:19:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody have a source for Galil mags?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Anybody have a source for Galil mags?

You can check with ComputerGuy in the Industry forum (Magazine Specialties), he might still have some left.

You can also try gunthings.com/galil.htm.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:40:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Instead of Hesse, check out Krebs Custom guns.Look for the KTR-03,they'll build it pretty much the way you want& in different calibers.

The problem there is, nobody seems to know for sure about which mags function 100% in a Vepr.

Besides, it's tough to beat the looks of a Galil. I have yet to see a Vepr which looks as tough as the Galil in the pics above.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#9]
www.dsarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=817&storeid=1&image=maggalil.jpg

DS Arms (the FAL people) have South African mags at a great price.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:14:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks Mbsk01 and Lumpy.

I might have to look into getting some type of Galil. A cross between the AR platform and the AK series seems like something that should have become more popular.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 9:51:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

AFAIK, the mags that ComputerGuy has/had are from DSA. Since he had the buying power to get the price break, they may be what you want.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 12:09:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

AFAIK, the mags that ComputerGuy has/had are from DSA. Since he had the buying power to get the price break, they may be what you want.

Actually, he didnt beat it, I just bought from him because he's a good guy.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top