Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/17/2003 3:02:06 PM EDT
Got home on a pass this weekend and stopped by PCS to pick up my Galil.  Wow talk about sweet, Jim barreled and refinished it and it looks dang good.

Took it straight out to Red Castle Gun Club for a test fire.  Fired 60 rounds of win Q3131A.  I had one faliure to extract within the first 20 rds.  Think I need to do a better job cleaning the chamber next time.  Fired the remaining rounds with out a problem, slow fire and rapid fire.  Also fire rounds from three diferent magazines, 50rd (kit), 35 rd (ebay) and a 20 rd Norico (ebay).

I'll post some pictures when my camera shows up.

My Galil Build.

SB
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 9:33:38 PM EDT
[#1]
NICE
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Hmmmmmmmmm. PCS turns down barrels for AR-15s? It sounds like they do pretty good work. Perhaps my Bushy V-match will pay them a visit

Post pics as soon as you can SteveB!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Finished

Here it is.

Old Wood

New Wood

www.salt6.com/galil.htm
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:00:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats a nice looking rifle, and a good job on your site. You give hope to this few of us around who have yet to get a Galil.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top