Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/6/2003 9:29:58 PM EDT
Went to a fun store and on the shelf there was a Rifle that I havent ever seen before.At first glance I thought it was a Saiga but it appeared to have a Galil receiver.It wasnt any AK receiver I have ever seen.I couldnt find anything on the rifle but an oval with a 386 in it,Norinco and
Valley Gun
LA Ca
It was a milled or forged receiver.It had the stock like the Siaga but the hole was there for the PG behind the Trigger Gaurd.So what is it.Any ideas?Ive kinda started to figure out the pre/post Aks by there markings or lack of markings but have no idea here.Price on this peice was just 200.00.If it is a Galil receiver Ill pick it up exp if its a Pre.Thanks,45B10
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a Norinco AK Hunter.  386 is the factory number -- no old Intel processing lurking inside.  ;)

Norinco started making them after the 89' ban I believe.  They "sort of" copied the Finnish Valmet Hunter and Russian Saiga versions with the sporter stock.

They are nice and should be accurate.  They take a regular AK47 type mag.  Note the odd angles at the buttstock attachment to the receiver and the odd trigger configuration -- makes returning them to an evil configuration quite the challenge -- but could be done by the dedicated I suppose since the fire control parts are still in the correct places (you would need to replace them with an American version anyway).
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top