Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2020 12:05:13 AM EDT
For those of you who have this rifle, what kind of accuracy are you getting?  I have the 7.62 NATO version and it's a solid 1.25-1.5 MOA gun.  Are the 5.56 galils as accurate?

Does it trash the brass like my 7.62 gun does?  Anybody using a KNS adjustable gas piston to run it suppressed?  If so, how does it run?
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 8:20:36 PM EDT
[#1]
The 2 556 rifles I’ve own both get around 1”-1.5” with wolf gold , a sled and a decent optic. That was good enough for me so I never bothered checking beyond that. The platform is very accurate, the wiggly iron sights and top cover are the limiting factor.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 11:13:53 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have a mircodot that came with a rail mount that you are not using, use the rail mount to bridge the gap between the top cover and the rail piece forward of that. It solidifies the top cover some and helps with accuracy issues associated with optics mounted to the top cover. I have a Vortex Razor 1-6x on the top cover with Warne X-Skel and can easily cut under 1/2" at 50  yards with Hornady 73gr match ammo. 55gr handloads and factory variants are close to that as well.

I used the same setup with a Vortex UH-1 and 3x magnifier to win a couple days of the Kalashnicon match several months ago. It's a fantastic rifle, but definitely benefited from swapping in a KNS adjustable gas piston, adding a good brake, changing the handguard (MI or RS), and adding an ALG trigger. I've been happy enough with the factory folding stock and raised cheek piece, so I've never installed the Dissident Arms stock adaptor I have.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top