Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/1/2020 11:12:23 AM EDT
With the recent ammo shortage, I've decided to shoot my ACE a lot more.  I have a good stock of 7.62x39.  

I got the RS Regulate rail installed and am considering the KNS adjustable piston for suppressed shooting.  Opinions on the KNS Piston?  

Link Posted: 9/21/2020 8:15:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a post on here a while back, but in summary: I broke my cardinal rule and didn’t lube the hell out of it (only had a couple of hundred rounds through it at the time) and had some binding that threw off the testing process.  Thought it wasn’t ejecting because there wasn’t enough gas.  Nope.  Lubed, cycled a couple dozen times, repeat till it didn’t bind.  To the point of your question, you get the same recoil impulse, but a softer carrier slam.  Whether it’s worth it is up to the user.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 4:38:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Spatten,

You are the one shooting suppressed. Install the upgrade and tell US how much better it is.
Link Posted: 10/3/2020 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s worth it for suppressed.  

With the amount of high dollar crap on that rifle, I’d assume you’d just buy it and try it.  Why ask?
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top