Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/19/2020 1:00:13 PM EDT
Those with an AR/ARM/SAR build are you guys using a FCG retainier spring to prevent the pins from walking out?  I am looking at this spring from APEX:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/galil-ar-arm-sar-semi-auto-pin-retainer-spring-new-us-made.html

My receiver is Tortort and I have the Tapco G2 FCG.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using that spring in my SAR pistol. Seems to work fine. Took me several tries to get it in, I think its installed correctly lol. Several hundred rds later its still keeping the pins in.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm using that retainer on my SAR build with an ALG AKT trigger and it works fine.  The wire goes under the hammer pin and under the trigger pin before getting anchored on the safety... at least that's the only way I could get it to fit and it seems to retain everything fine like that.
Link Posted: 7/26/2020 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
i have the original style on my for sale section.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top