Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2020 11:17:20 AM EDT
I saw the Forgotten Weapons video on the South African Vektor (Licensed Galil copies) and the comparison video with their pump action variant, the H5. Had to buy one. Once using it I had to mod it with Iron sights. Works great and takes 15min to revert to original. Here's a link to a Youtube clip:

https://youtu.be/sF_108PddJ8

Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow, didn't know they were commercially available outside of RSA.  I'd buy one.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Let's see a few pics of yours....sounds interesting.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is a before photo:
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 5:07:47 AM EDT
[#4]
And here it is after (it is the same/ my gun on the YT film BTW):
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:38:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Can't see anything.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Non paying new member of course you won’t see anything.

OP you will have to use a hosting site to post images.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:06:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 11:15:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting gun.

What is the need for a pump action? Is semi-auto illegal where you are?
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 2:20:42 AM EDT
[#10]
In the end of SA apartheid the increased tensions and violence made  a demand amongst civilians, farmers in remote areas espeially, for rifles, but the laws at that time made it hard for civilians to own semi automatic rifles. The company that produced the military R-series of Galils therefore launched this one. Came both with fixed wooden ”thumbhole” stock and in foldable like this one.

Here in Europe, semis are restricted but legal in most countries (still?). It is just such a fun gun to shoot.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 11:16:09 AM EDT
[#11]
what about the neat 12 ga stuff? anything cool over  there that we cant get hear, ala the AA-12?
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 8:53:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Njahh, in my country all semi-versions are more or less ok for sporting purposes. (a .50 cal barrett is hard though:)  We have limitations reg permit to own: ( no mental illness, police record and need a membership in a shootingclub since more than 6 months)
But then no barrel length/other restrictions on the gun itself like in US.

Hunting rifles have some rules on charcteristics ( like minimum barrel 45cm/ 18 inches) but doesnt require club membership but you need to pass a hunter’ test.

Pistols are really restricted, with time limited permits ?? (5yrs)

So all in all, totalt diff approach than US
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top