Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2019 2:40:27 PM EDT
Anyone tried the ALG AK Recoil Spring in their Galils? I have them for most of my AKs and really like them but wasn't sure if it would work on my SAR or Micro.

Anyone tried it?
Link Posted: 10/8/2019 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Purchased two. Will report back.
Link Posted: 1/3/2020 12:32:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
Interested in hearing your results.  Thinking of getting a new recoil spring.
Link Posted: 1/8/2020 10:37:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
@cobalt-60

How did it work out?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

@cobalt-60

How did it work out?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@cobalt-60

How did it work out?
Indeed.   Would love to know.
Link Posted: 5/24/2020 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh wow, I did not even realize others were replying to this.

I purchased 2 springs and just recently installed them. One thing I noticed is that they were shorter than the stock recoil spring on the Galil, which is unusual because the ALG Defense springs are longer than the standard AK spring.

I'll give them a try soon to see if they work. They are noticeably stiffer than the stock spring, so maybe the length doesn't matter? Either way if you are on the fence it maybe safer to buy the Galil ACE Recoil Spring.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh wow, I did not even realize others were replying to this.

I purchased 2 springs and just recently installed them. One thing I noticed is that they were shorter than the stock recoil spring on the Galil, which is unusual because the ALG Defense springs are longer than the standard AK spring.

I'll give them a try soon to see if they work. They are noticeably stiffer than the stock spring, so maybe the length doesn't matter? Either way if you are on the fence it maybe safer to buy the Galil ACE Recoil Spring.
View Quote

Interesting!!!  Keep us posted.  If the weight is good and the springs are of a quality material...you should be good to go!

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top