Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/20/2018 9:20:26 PM EDT
What are your all honest impressions of the Galil Ace in .308 in terms of quality and longevity?

Any downsides?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 2:26:17 PM EDT
[#1]
It is relatively light for a 7,62 rifle, a lot of them are pigs.  Mine is 8 lb 7 oz w/o any optic or mag.
Comes with solid iron sights.
It takes cheap, available mags.  Ambi mag release, safety is on both sides.
I have a little less than 500 rds through mine and I have not had any problems.  Just put a Romeo5 on it, since you can mount optics low in relation to the rail.

No real front sling points on it, but there are rails.
More expensive to shoot than a 5,56.  Some people don't like muzzle brakes.  Since the top cover is the optics rail it is a pain to get back on easily and I don't know if I'd mount a really heavy optic on it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2018 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a good replacement Muzzle break available?
Link Posted: 7/25/2018 2:08:46 AM EDT
[#3]
the .308 galil ace has the same thread pitch as an AR 10/SR25.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top