Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/14/2018 4:43:58 PM EDT
I’ve lusted after a 7.62x39 Carbine since they were released. I’m going to have the funds for one by June and I’m wondering if the hive here thinks their prices have bottomed out?  I bought a Beretta ARX 100 in 2014 and that rifle went way down after I purchased it. No biggie since it is a definite keeper, but I don’t like loosing money  if I don’t have to.  Having said that, part of me says to just buy the damn thing while they are still available. I have mostly seen them go around the $1600 mark and I don’t really see many on the used market.  Is $1600 a reasonable price for one?
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one in my local for around $1800 it was sweet looking but not at that price. $1600 sounds about right.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I saw one in my local for around $1800 it was sweet looking but not at that price. $1600 sounds about right.
View Quote
That is about where Academy has them.
Link Posted: 4/14/2018 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
They are nice......

Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:38:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They are nice......

https://i.imgur.com/yM2HjoG.jpg?1
View Quote
Indeed they are.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:09:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I have my pennies saved and I plan to go to a local gun show tomorrow to look at them and see what the price is on one from the larger dealers. Is there anything I should look out for?  Is there any issues from rifles that have on the dealer shelves for a while?  The reason I ask is that I’ve spoken to a couple of dealers and some people working at different Academies and they say the Galil Aces are not quick sellers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I wanted one of these since they started talking about them. I think they are over priced compared to $900 PTR91's.  M1A's and on and on.
Go be poor somewhere else. I know
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 11:33:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I’d haunt gunbroker.com. Lots of the big distributors sell there at very low markup over their high column dealer cost. That’s where I got mine.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks dudes. If I buy tomorrow, I’ll post what I paid.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#9]
I really like mine...so much so, I also bought the braced pistol and hopefully soon an Ace in .308.

Link Posted: 5/28/2018 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
$1699.,   BUT CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK.

https://www.deguns.net/galil-ace-308-for-sale-GAR1651-856304004806-p/gar1651.htm
Link Posted: 5/29/2018 8:02:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I wanted one of these since they started talking about them. I think they are over priced compared to $900 PTR91's.  M1A's and on and on.
View Quote
Those are nice too.............

Link Posted: 5/30/2018 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#12]
I did see a 762 NATO Galil ACE on gunbroker for $1600. Considering that used Galils were going for north of $4k before IWI was selling the ACE it is a good price for a factory rifle.

AJ
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:22:08 PM EDT
[#13]
The show I went to had zero 7.62x39 Aces.  A dealer said he could order one for $1599 plus tax, so I may go that route.

BTW, the greater Houston area generally has decent gun shows.  The one I went to last weekend was the worst I have ever been to.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 2:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
A Galil AR or an ARM or the new Ace rifles are not comparable to PTR 91 or M1As. They're better rifles. I had an HK 91 back in the 90's as well as several FN FAL's and a Galil AR. I now have a brand new Galil Ace 7.62 Nato rifle and it is a better rifle than my new PTR 91. I wouldn't put a Springfield product in comparison with the Galil rifles. They're no where near as good. I looked into the M14 rifles and looked at Springfield M1a's and determined that if I wanted to get an M14 type rifle that I would get an LRB Arms M14 which is about as close to a brand new semi-auto, original M14 as you can get. Milled steel receiver unlike the much cheaper, cast receiver of the Springfield. Real US GI parts as opposed to the cheaper, non US GI parts in the Springfield. And, as you stated, "and on and on." Don't compare truffles to backyard mushrooms and then whine about the price difference.

My old Galil AR
" />

My new PTR 91, just as good as the HK 91 that I had back in the 90's.
" />

My old DSA FAL Paratrooper model  A crappy, abortion of a copy of the real FN FAL.
" />

My new Galil Ace
" />
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 2:45:21 AM EDT
[#15]
You just missed the $999 Galil ACE .308 & 7.62 x39 deal that classic had.  I would wait before picking up an ACE rifle.  I have my own speculation on what is going on with the ACE line.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 8:17:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Good sale prices on the 7.62 models, but I was lusting for the 5.56 ACE. I talked to a dealer and got it for $1665 before tax.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You just missed the $999 Galil ACE .308 & 7.62 x39 deal that classic had.  I would wait before picking up an ACE rifle.  I have my own speculation on what is going on with the ACE line.
View Quote
What's your hypothesis?
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What's your hypothesis?
View Quote
I’m wondering too. I’m hoping the price f the Galil is going to go down and stay down, like the Beretta ARX.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
If you think the PTR is just as good as a Galil Ace (because you think they should be the same price) then get yourself a PTR 91 and stop all the ....   ...... about it. I have a PTR 91 and I just bought a .308 Galil Ace. If I had to sell one of them, I'd be selling the PTR 91 and keeping the Galil Ace. I had a 1990's Galil .308 AR and the Ace is very close to that rifle. I also had a HK 91 back then and the Galil AR was a much better designed rifle than that HK 91 and was more accurate as well.
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 3:59:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m wondering too. I’m hoping the price f the Galil is going to go down and stay down, like the Beretta ARX.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What's your hypothesis?
I’m wondering as well.  Would you mind expanding on that?
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have my own speculation on what is going on with the ACE line.
View Quote
Yea WTF.  Drop that and don't explain?

I was thinking maybe they are about launch a revamp to the line or make a permanent lower price.  They can purge a bunch of rifles from distribution by allowing some (or willing) retailers to do a minimum buy-in under typical dealer cost and lower MAP for a couple months.  It's done in my industry.
Link Posted: 3/4/2019 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Oh f_ck it.  I just ordered a x39 from Gunprime @ $1,368 shipped.
Link Posted: 3/18/2019 11:43:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Oh f_ck it.  I just ordered a x39 from Gunprime @ $1,368 shipped.
View Quote
Phenomenal product !!!  Now I just need to wait for the RSRegulate 10" M-Lok handguard to be back in stock.
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Phenomenal product !!!  Now I just need to wait for the RSRegulate 10" M-Lok handguard to be back in stock.
View Quote
The DAY after I made the decision to buy it at that price, it went back UP in price to $1649...  Always MY luck!  Lol  Anyways,  I already own the .308 rifle, just had a question...  Are the top rails on these polymer, or are they some type of alloy?  They look and feel kind of like plastic, but so did the top rail on my ARX, and that was alloy.  Just wanted to know for sure, as I have not been able to find that info anywhere.  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/20/2019 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Here is my hypothesis:

The "blem" sale was a test to see what price point the ACE line would sell best at.  The market is currently saturated and IWI has not been able to move products as fast as they have hoped.  The Blem sale was offered to a couple different retailers and they sold out within a couple of days at $999.    New competition such as the BREN 2 is on the horizon, this coupled with a softening market is source of concern.  The "blem" appear to have nothing wrong with them.  I looked my .308 over carefully and could not find any issue with it.  It is strange that IWI best seller in the ACE line, 5.56 had no "blem" offered for sale, a statistical improbability.  I predict we will see another "blem" sale in the late fall/Christmas time.  I then hypothesize that we will see a price drop after the first of the year bringing them in line to the $1,300-$1,500 price point.  This may be done with some sort of slight changes such as a chrome barrel, standard buffer tube, etc.  I predict we will also see the launch of a multi-caliber/quick change ACE more in line with next gen rifles such as the SCAR, ACR, BREN, ARX, etc.  further justifying the price drop of the "legacy" ACE rifles.

I would hold off on buying an ACE till right around Christmas.
Link Posted: 4/5/2019 10:46:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Been waiting.  Hopefully they aren't responding to info requests because they have every able body on the production line.
Also interested to see how the Bren2 shakes out.
The problem with trying to time the market, when it comes to guns, is that it's too unpredictable.  There are too many factors influencing price and availability and the average buyer isn't privy to the plans of the manufacturers, distributors, other consumers (and collectors' trends), and the government at a moment's notice.  It's a delicate balance.  Any one of those factors goes haywire and price and/or availability can swing high or low.  I've found that it's better to buy when I have the money and the price seems reasonable (based on near history).  I've gotten some good deals.  I've gotten skunked.  I've avoided some dogs.  I've missed out on opportunities unobtainable now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#27]
It appears that my first prediction has come true.  IWI has revised their MAP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCxulNoXSQ

It appears that my second prediction is also coming true.  The modular CARMEL rifle:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/07/iwi-carmel/
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 1:58:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It appears that my first prediction has come true.  IWI has revised their MAP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCxulNoXSQ

It appears that my second prediction is also coming true.  The modular CARMEL rifle:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/07/iwi-carmel/
View Quote
I'm not seeing any new lower pricing on Galil Aces on the web.  In fact Classic has none in stock nor shows any prices for what's out of stock.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Classic Price's for the

X95 =$1,449

ACE 7.62x39 = $1,349

ACE .308=  $1,499
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 4:57:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Classic Price's for the

X95 =$1,449

ACE 7.62x39 = $1,349

ACE .308=  $1,499
View Quote
Aaaah pistols-only in stock. That mean rifles will probably be a hundred bucks less when back in stock - eh?
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Aaaah pistols-only in stock. That mean rifles will probably be a hundred bucks less when back in stock - eh?
View Quote
That is a pretty fair assessment.   I can't remember if the rifles or the pistols were more expensive.  Classic claims that there has been a change in MAP, until I see it from other vendors I will be skeptical.  Though, this does make sense with the decline in gun sales overall, the "Blem" sale last December, possible release of the next gen CARMEL, etc.  Let's see if there is any news out of IWI at the NRA show about change in price.  I think the ACE is a great weapon and I hope more people give it a try especially if there is a price drop.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 7:54:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I was ordering one from Classic because they had the best price until they added tax to my online order, end result GrabAGun was cheaper so I'll have my ACE Pistol Tuesday.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:49:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Owning various builds and or production variants I feel pretty confident in declaring this is absolutely the best AK pattern production rifle ever made. End of story.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Owning various builds and or ou suction variants I feel pretty confident in declaring this is absolutely the best AK pattern production rifle ever made. End of story.
View Quote
I agree 100%.  I want to pick up a 7.62x39 in the future and retire my SIG 556R as my SHTF rifle.
Link Posted: 5/12/2019 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#35]
$1349.99 pricing currently at Classic.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Anyone know anywhere else to get mlok or keymod handguardsfor the Galil Ace? A 10" set for the x39 specifically.   Been waiting / checking in on RS Regulate and Midwest Industries but it seems both of them have been out of stock for almost two months or more.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top