Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/18/2018 12:50:13 PM EDT
Usually I can figure stuff out but I am not finding what options are available.

I have a pistol without a brace on it.  It has just a backplate and no arm brace.  My SBR papers are done so now I need a stock.

I don't see what options there are for adding a stock to this pistol/SBR.

Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/19/2018 8:33:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Usually I can figure stuff out but I am not finding what options are available.

I have a pistol without a brace on it.  It has just a backplate and no arm brace.  My SBR papers are done so now I need a stock.

I don't see what options there are for adding a stock to this pistol/SBR.

Any help would be appreciated.
View Quote
Start with the KNS Adapter Block which you can use to add a folding or fixed skeleton or AR base stock.

Actually pretty easy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:53:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm dealing with this right now too. I only wanted to use an original Galil stock (I just like the way they look), and am still trying to figure out a way to mount it to the receiver.
All I can come up with is to buy the SB tactical folding brace, trash the brace part and keep the side that goes on the receiver and put the original Galil stock on that.
If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:09:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Everyone call IWI and pester them about selling stocks and/or knuckles!

I called and they said they are waiting on stuff from Israel, no ETA. Folding braces are out of stock everywhere so I'm (my gunsmith really) is going to try grinding down the old knuckle and welding it to the plate with the QD mount from the pistol. Obviously the old Galils had an angled cut on the end of the receiver as opposed to the straight cut on the Aces.
(I will not use an AR buffer tube on this thing.)

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2018 9:04:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Try Atlantic firearms. They just got in the pistols with arm braces. I think KNS makes an adapter as well as another company makes ACE rifle stocks like the original Galil stocks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 2:02:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Well I finally found a folding brace in stock and used the knuckle off of that with a surplus galil stock. Maybe it's just me, but I think these look best on here.
Still need to have the mag release and trigger guard riveted on obviously.
Soooooon!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#6]
So the sb factory arm brace knuckle allows the original Galil stock to drop in with the same factory pivot pin??
Link Posted: 4/28/2018 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So the sb factory arm brace knuckle allows the original Galil stock to drop in with the same factory pivot pin??
View Quote
Yep.
Had to do a little fitting (grinding or filing) to the old style stock to get the lockup between it and the SB knuckle proper, but its rock solid now.
Only drawback to this is the cost..
I paid $100 for the galil stock and $200 for the IWI (SB) folding brace assembly.
??
Link Posted: 4/30/2018 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#8]
cost aside, that looks totally worth it and badass. Glad you decided to remove the plastic crap. What I would do if I bought one of these too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:25:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
cost aside, that looks totally worth it and badass. Glad you decided to remove the plastic crap. What I would do if I bought one of these too.
View Quote
Thanks, this thing ended up costing a little more than expected, but I think it's worth it. Bonus of getting rid of the polymer lower is I can use drum mags and waffle mags now.
Probably adding a RS Regulate handguard and either an MRO or T1 and that will be it!
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Everyone call IWI and pester them about selling stocks and/or knuckles!

I called and they said they are waiting on stuff from Israel, no ETA. Folding braces are out of stock everywhere so I'm (my gunsmith really) is going to try grinding down the old knuckle and welding it to the plate with the QD mount from the pistol. Obviously the old Galils had an angled cut on the end of the receiver as opposed to the straight cut on the Aces.
(I will not use an AR buffer tube on this thing.)

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219864/unnamed-3-512021.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/219864/unnamed-7-512024.JPG
View Quote
Thank you for posting that.  I had ordered an ar tube (so I could have an adjustable cheek piece) from Israeli weapons.com, but never noticed the slant.  After trying to find videos/instructions for swapping them out, the only one I could find showed driving out the pin.  Glad I didn't do that!  Now I have to figure out how to get the knuckle off.
Do any of you know how to remove the knuckle?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 2:26:06 PM EDT
[#11]
When you push down on the stock to fold it, the rod part of the hinge that sticks up has a C clip on it. Take that off (kind of tricky),  then that piece should come out along with the spring.
It's under spring tension obviously, so careful or it will shoot across the room.
May be a 2 person job.
Should be able to separate them after that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 9:26:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
@stagepaint  how we you able to loosen the pistol grip screw and front screw that retain the plastic lower?  I think the ones on our in house gun were installed by 800 pound gorillas, or they used a liter of loctite.  

Also, I assume you had to loosen/remove the pistol grip T nut to get the safety out to fully remove the plastic lower?  I couldn't see an obvious way to snake the left side safety lever out of the plastic lower.

Sven
Manticore Arms
View Quote
Yeah, had to take the safety out. The nut on my pistol grip was tight, but it did come off fine.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top