Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2018 10:27:59 AM EDT
probably an odd question but, what would it take to modify the ACE receiver to take standard galil mags?

i haven't seen an ACE 5.56 in person yet, though i have heard of a few folks trying to do ACE-to-micro conversions. do the ACE 21N and ACE 21 share the same receiver?
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 5:56:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The STANAG ACE has ribs inside the receiver that would probably need to be machined down for a Galil mag to fit.

AJ
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 10:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
you have to rivet on a classic galil trigger guard and mag catch on? you can buy a US made version on AK files for 21$ shipped
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

probably an odd question but, what would it take to modify the ACE receiver to take standard galil mags?

i haven't seen an ACE 5.56 in person yet, though i have heard of a few folks trying to do ACE-to-micro conversions. do the ACE 21N and ACE 21 share the same receiver?
View Quote
Nope,  You can with the 7.62x39, all you need is a trigger guard and a pistol grip

I called IWI a few weeks ago asking about a model that takes galil mags and they said no.  The photos you see with  the galil mags are the older models that go to foreign nations.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 8:59:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Nope,  You can with the 7.62x39, all you need is a trigger guard and a pistol grip

I called IWI a few weeks ago asking about a model that takes galil mags and they said no.  The photos you see with  the galil mags are the older models that go to foreign nations.
View Quote
damn!

i'd still like to put my eyes on one to see what the mod would take. i'm old enough to remember when STANAG magazines sucked. i know it goes against the grain, but i'd rather my galil take galil mags.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

damn!

i'd still like to put my eyes on one to see what the mod would take. i'm old enough to remember when STANAG magazines sucked. i know it goes against the grain, but i'd rather my galil take galil mags.
View Quote
I’d generally agree with you, but now we have STANAG mags that are decently reliable. It only took 50 years...

AJ
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 3:14:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

damn!

View Quote
Kinda working on that, only instead of doing the cheap and easy way i'm going to go the bit more expensive way by buying the ace both in 5.56 and 7.62x39, I saw the original galil ace and i do want one with the poly lower and all. My friend and i worked out a deal so the 7.62x39 will go to labor costs after being slightly customized by taking the lower off of the 7.62x39 version and it's magazine catch because the 5.56mm one only uses a role pin on it's wannabe mag catch, then machine the 5.56 receiver walls, install the 7.62x39 ace's mag catch and polymer lower and throw in a tapco mag for 922 r since it'll need the 3 extra parts from the mag to be legit. I did do some measurements and i am willing to believe that since the regular galil magazine does fit in the galil ace in 7.62x39 that a tapco galil mag would fit due to being slimmer than the steel mags.  what will happen to the 7.62x39 version is it'll just be a 7.62x39 with the classic galil trigger guard and mag catch that will literally be able to use any ak mag out there.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top