Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/14/2017 1:53:17 PM EDT
I've been thinking about picking up an APEX kit while I still can, but there is one small problem...

... it doesn't have the hardware for a carry handle. I've searched the internet up and down, with absolutely no luck.

Is there some source I'm overlooking, or am I SOL?

Update: Got one off of Gunbroker.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/22/2017 1:00:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I've been thinking about picking up an APEX kit while I still can, but there is one small problem...

... it doesn't have the hardware for a carry handle. I've searched the internet up and down, with absolutely no luck.

Is there some source I'm overlooking, or am I SOL?
View Quote
You ain't alone, Brother.  I combed the desert for hours....and I didn't find shit.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 5:38:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I got a reproduction for a site called Evike. They said it was for and airsoft gun but I think its going to fit. A magnet stuck to it I think it was 30 bucks. I tried to post a picture but dont know how.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got a reproduction for a site called Evike. They said it was for and airsoft gun but I think its going to fit. A magnet stuck to it I think it was 30 bucks. I tried to post a picture but dont know how.
View Quote
Sounds like a good idea. Please let me know how it works.

I also just ordered the kit, so at least I've got that out of the way.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:01:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It's going to work I got my receiver today . The only difference  I see is the top of the corner without the handle is angled. I don't know if the originalsl are like that or not . It has a parkerized finish it does not match the kit from Apex. Not sure about the pin for the handle  the one it has is hollow and easily pushes out.
Link Posted: 11/24/2017 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's going to work I got my receiver today . The only difference  I see is the top of the corner without the handle is angled. I don't know if the originalsl are like that or not . It has a parkerized finish it does not match the kit from Apex. Not sure about the pin for the handle  the one it has is hollow and easily pushes out.
View Quote
Sounds good. Since I plan on having everything Cerakoted, the finish shouldn't be an issue.

From what I'm hearing now, the only issue is getting past the stigma of an airsoft part.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Gunbroker didn't let me down.
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 9:47:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Gunbroker didn't let me down.
View Quote
OEM part or Evike?
Link Posted: 12/8/2017 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

OEM part or Evike?
View Quote
Pure IMI.
Link Posted: 12/9/2017 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Pure IMI.
View Quote
Beeeeeeeautiful!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:17:28 PM EDT
[#10]
https://lewisandblack.com/galil-arm-carry-handle-rear-retainer-and-pin-assembly-see-description-below/
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
https://lewisandblack.com/galil-arm-carry-handle-rear-retainer-and-pin-assembly-see-description-below/
View Quote
If only they had an authentic handguard reproduction.

Link Posted: 12/27/2017 7:31:40 PM EDT
[#12]
no promises but-stay tuned.
Link Posted: 12/27/2017 11:55:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
no promises but-stay tuned.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2018 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
The Pre-Orders continue to come in, though they remain inadequate to meet the tooling costs associated with a minimum run of 100 units at the price quoted. As there's no reason to terminate this endeavor, the Pre-Order option will remain open. When a 100 units are reached, we'll announce it and move forward with the production.

Word-of-mouth remains the most efficient means of expediting this....

Thanks to all who've contributed to this opportunity.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 2:04:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Awww, mannnnnn.....I just got that darn scope mount...now I wanna order this, too?

Are these Galils...or JEEPs?????
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Awww, mannnnnn.....I just got that darn scope mount...now I wanna order this, too?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How’s your project coming along?

Mine is still a pile of parts and a torched receiver.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

How's your project coming along?

View Quote
It's in Tennessee as we speak.  LOL..I keep sending him parts....I had to wait for the night sites to get made and I have to send him the upper part of my scope mount so that he can put the Polish scope plate on at the optimum height.

It's gonna be sweeeet.
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 8:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It's in Tennessee as we speak.  LOL..I keep sending him parts....I had to wait for the night sites to get made and I have to send him the upper part of my scope mount so that he can put the Polish scope plate on at the optimum height.

It's gonna be sweeeet.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's your project coming along?

It's gonna be sweeeet.
You going with a reweld or CNC Warrior reciever?
Link Posted: 2/17/2018 12:23:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You going with a reweld or CNC Warrior reciever?
View Quote
CNC Warrior
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top