Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/5/2010 8:58:13 PM EDT
After searching numerous images on the net and not finding answers, what is the official paint scheme for a Galil rifle?  Are there subtle differences between various models? From what I can see, it's always the outside of the receiver, gas tube, fire/safety selector, and dust cover that are obviously painted.  Beyond that, I can't tell if the following parts are painted or not:  magazine catch; the "guts" inside the rear sight housing; the rear handguard holder; and the charging handle.  I saw a close-up picture of what looks like paint flaking off of a charging handle while the rest of the bolt carrier looks parkerized.  Does that sound like a correct assessment of a factory rifle?

Reason I'm asking is that I'd like to finish my Golani with the same pattern as the original.  Thanks in advance for your help!
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top