Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/9/2007 10:53:40 AM EDT
I just got a Galil--I figured out how to fold the stock, but cannot unfold it now.

Commence helping/laughing, please.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 11:23:00 AM EDT
[#1]
ok, update: I found the Tapco directions for their Galil stock knock-off....and I have come to realize that the lock is simply really hard to move down before rotating the stock back to the open position.

Any suggestions on how to loosen that up a bit?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
you want the stock tight not loose when shooting.You dont want it to fold at the wrong time.

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:20:31 PM EDT
[#3]
certainly, but I just think I should want it to fold without the aid of a pipe wrench, is all.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:50:58 PM EDT
[#4]
height=8
Quoted:
ok, update: I found the Tapco directions for their Galil stock knock-off....and I have come to realize that the lock is simply really hard to move down before rotating the stock back to the open position.

Any suggestions on how to loosen that up a bit?

Well, I was going to laugh, but with your 2nd post it's pretty clear you don't have a real Galil stock ...or even one that works like a Galil stock.  

From the folded position, you should be able to swing it into the open position with your pinky.  But you've got something totally different apparently ....something that locks in the folded position.

Squirt some oil on it and work it open and closed a bunch.  Maybe it's stiff 'cause it's brand new.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 4:07:05 AM EDT
[#5]
ok, let me clarify: I had to use the Tapco directions because I could not find any for a real Galil stock--my Galil is one of the SERII rifles from AKforum, so I am certain that it is a proper Galil with the proper folding stock. In any case, it operates in the same manner as the Tapco copy.

ETA: def not brand new; these were assembled on a parts kit.

I fail at making clear posts.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#6]
height=8
Quoted:
ok, let me clarify: I had to use the Tapco directions because I could not find any for a real Galil stock--my Galil is one of the SERII rifles from AKforum, so I am certain that it is a proper Galil with the proper folding stock. In any case, it operates in the same manner as the Tapco copy.

ETA: def not brand new; these were assembled on a parts kit.

I fail at making clear posts. hear
I've heard of that group buy on AKforum, and that Troy stands by his work.  I'll bet he'd fix it or replace it if you sent it back.
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top