Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:35:56 AM EDT
I'm currently waiting on my Golani to come back from Century - they've had it for only two weeks so I'm sure It'll be a while.  I was advised to call two weeks after they received it to find out if it was going to be repaired or replaced due to the gas block being mounted at a cant.

Question: Would the birdcage type flash supressor be more "correct" on an AR than the one they ship it with?  Have to admit, I don't know much about Galil's...just that they are quite pleasing to the eye!  Are the birdcage supressors available anywhere?  Would an M16 type supressor fit?  (I can see many Galil fans cringing at that one!)

I know the first write-up I saw about the Golani in the S.G. News about 3 months ago had an example with the birdcage supressor.  The next article in a gun magazine had one with the supressor with the holes in it.  I like the looks of the birdcage better.

Lastly, what sling would be correct for a Galil in service with the Israeli military?  I don't know if I want to put some $100 3-point let-it-hang deal on it...something that looks more..."military".

Thanks guys!    John
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Here's a picture with a sling and the more common type of Galil flash suppressor.

I forgot exactly where you can get this particular sling (I think the Hebrew's a nice touch), but it's the silent kind that doesn't attach with metal.  You should be able to get it on eBay.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff116/galilosaurus/misc/GalilSling001.jpg
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
My golani had the galil flash hider.Looks like a2 except open on bottom.I chased the threads with 1/2x28 die and put on a2 style closed on bottom.I got agood  golani no problems functions fine. Hope this helps ya.Any way the golani is a repro rifle not IMI.Don't worry about it.Still looks good with a2 flash hider and no dirt in your face from prone shooting! Have fun                              
       for got to tell you thats a sar flash hider ar galils have slots.
                                       Jimi
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:23:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I didn't have to wait long.  Got the Golani Fed Ex about an hour after I posted my last msg.!
Kinda of have to hand it to Century - I had a replacement rifle within about 18 days of sending mine off to them.
That's right, a replacement, not a repair.  The new one has the ar / slotted surpressor, so I guess part of my previous question has been answered!  They also included one of the new(er) 35 rd. mags with the gun.  I can't say I'm not satisfied with their customer service!
Thanks guys...
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top