Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/27/2007 7:53:30 PM EDT
I'm looking at a used Yugo UF.  It does not say "Zastava" on the trunnion (edited--actually the rear sight base)--is it bad?  Will one that does say it be worth more?  Any other things I should check (besides top cover fit, trigger group, and canted sight post) before laying my money down?
Link Posted: 7/27/2007 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think any of them said Zastava on the trunnion. I think it was on the rear sight block if they had it.

Main thing to look for is condition of the bore. If it is a Century rifle I think most of those had new barrels put on them.
Link Posted: 7/30/2007 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
A lot of them aren't Zastava marked. Technically it doesn't affect value at all, although people do like that marking just because it's cool.

Check the things you named; Century's barrels are all new.

EDIT: oops, you said used.

Check the bore.
Link Posted: 7/31/2007 11:53:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two  7.62x39 Yugo AKs built from kits.  One has a bulged trunnion, the other flat.  One says Zastava, the othern doesn't.  Bulged trunnion says Zastava.

HTH
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 10:56:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I read somewhere that their guns for domestic use were marked and export ones weren't. Don't know if that's true though. But about half my yugo kits were marked and half weren't. I don't see any rhyme or reason to it. All were well made.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top