Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 10:17:25 PM EDT
hey guys,
I am thinking of buying a yugo, and the only AK I have shot to compare it to is a VEPR. How would you guys with some experience with both say that they compare. Does a yugo have any quirks? Will it accept any mags? How accurate are they compared to a vepr? Does anyone have any experience with the underfolder with the synthetic forearm? I know this is alot of questions at once, but I am just trying to make a decision and would appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#1]
i havn't had the chance to shoot a vepr. i can say though that it was the rifle i wanted when i settled for my yugo.

at the time i got my yugo the "first batch" was drying up with most suppliers. they were either out or backordered. at that time dealer cost was like 429.00. by the time i tracked mine down at military gun supply dealer price was 499. since then i've seen lower prices at cfs and j&g just to name a few. i am pleased with my yugo for the price.

i did have problems though. mostly a jam problem my second firing session. 3 jams in 100 rnds. luckily fellow members here walked me through figuring out why, and fixing it. i changed the extractor and spring.

besides the extractor i personally havn't had malfunctions. i've heard of and seen many "loose this, missing that" posts, but none that i can think of that caused more than just inconvinience or trip to the hardware store.recently someone had a uf with the wrong safety selector. it was getting caught on the folded stock.

overall i feel like i gambled on the yugo from century, and learned alot because of it.i really, in hind sight, should have bought a ban era ak and modified it to my taste. when i couldn't find a veprk then i started lusting that bayo lug and uf stock.

2D2C
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 5:24:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply, I have had bad luck with a couple of century rifles and the thought of dealing with another one really turns me off. I  will probably stick with my veprk, it really is a nice rifle.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top