Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2006 4:20:33 AM EDT

I am considering a Century International Arms Yugo underfolder.  Do you have any reactions or advice: Is this a good use of $450-500 or should I put it toward a different make/model?  Defense purposes, First AK.  thank you!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I have two and like them. Both of mine had the canted front site and crooked rear site. I was able to drift the front site enough to get them to hit POA, so no big concern. Both are 100% reliable so far.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:24:35 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I am considering a Century International Arms Yugo underfolder.  Do you have any reactions or advice: Is this a good use of $450-500 or should I put it toward a different make/model?  Defense purposes, First AK.  thank you!

If this is your first AK, I'd recommend a fixed stock variant.  If I were in your shoes, I'd buy a nice fixed stock rifle produced by Lancaster Consulting or a Vector Classic.  Both are available from Atlantic Firearms.  www.atlanticfirearms.com

Bud
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:32:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

theyre awesome, i bought 13 of the Yugo UF

theyre going to dry within a year and then go up in value.

all mine are perfect, just check it out before you buy it, thats all.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 3:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I got an M70AB and it's great. My most acurate AK and I think a good underfolder is extremely 'cool'
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:02:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Check the front sight base as was mentioned before. Mine was so bad there was no way to zero it. They fixed it for free...but it was a pain in the ass to deal with. My friends was the same way and they fixed it. It's now canted the other way a bit but will zero OK. Otherwise mine is a well made weapon that is a perfect shooter.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:36:22 PM EDT
[#6]
I have two and love them both. They're my first AK's. 500 rounds through each so far, only problems were mag related and fixed now.

Hmmmm ... can you hear that? I think it's them, and they want their picture put up.

That's the only problem, sometimes they boss you around.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can we see some pics?
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:21:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If this is your first AK, I'd recommend a fixed stock variant.  If I were in your shoes, I'd buy a nice fixed stock rifle produced by Lancaster Consulting or a Vector Classic.  Both are available from Atlantic Firearms.  www.atlanticfirearms.com

Bud

My first AK was a Under Folder and I loved it.

Seems to be a lot of new guys from GA lately,

If this is your fist time shooting them, don't buy one yet.
Go down to the GA home town forum on this site and try to mooch some range time .
Lots of good people there who would let you try their AKs out.
One you've shot a few you will be better informed of what to buy than we could ever tell you over the NET.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:21:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 8:49:33 PM EDT
[#10]
My M70AB2 from Century was the very first production AK I purchased, and I love it!  

I would tend to agree with Bachelor of Science on the fixed vs. underfolder stock issue- at the very least see if you can fire an underfolder stocked AK prior to purchasing one.  Some people like it, some accept it, and some HATE it!  

I personally don't mind shooting it, but after a long range session my cheeckbone can be a little sore from the metal strut.  On the othe hand, it is about as compact as an AK can get, and you essentially have both an AK pistol and rifle in one package!

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:04:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

13 huh? sheish. you sure do buy a lot of guns.

what makes you think they're going to dry up in a year?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:07:43 AM EDT
[#12]
He's got his "sources".
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:26:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought one about 5 months ago. Got to handle it before buying. It is flawless. I even got one with the Zestava marked trunion.

S/F

Al
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:06:06 AM EDT
[#14]
I got one a few months ago and really like it!  Agree with DAWG180 about the cheek abuse - solved that by wrapping some 550-cord (aka parachute cord or p-cord) around the left strut.  Makes for a decent cheekweld and doesn't hinder the stock from folding.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't seem to get him to pics of his Yugos.  I've seen several folks here ask for pics, but with no results.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't seem to get him to pics of his Yugos.  I've seen several folks here ask for pics, but with no results.  
the guy is a moronic liar, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:38:50 PM EDT
[#17]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

13 huh? sheish. you sure do buy a lot of guns. hinking.gif

Give him some time, PhoteShop can be a little tricky sometimes have
I was steered away from the Century (didn't ask why, I trust them) and ended up having them special order me a new Vector V47 Polish underfolder in poly, I'm sure I'll be very happy.

Oh and with a forum discount it was a pretty nice deal, ended up getting an Uzi to keep it company. It can get lonely up here. LOL

Enjoy

David
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#18]

Thanks to all for helpful input. Bought a CAI M70uf. Now eyeing a Bushmaster.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:38:47 AM EDT
[#19]
Cheek weld, schmeek weld, who freakin cares.  This isn't a sniper rifle.  I like mine fine.  It has a canted front sight also (to the left) but PoA and PoI seems to be alligned

Link Posted: 11/1/2006 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#20]
J&G has them for a better price than Atlantic.

J&G Sales Yugo Underfolder
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 8:16:23 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
J&G has them for a better price than Atlantic.

J&G Sales Yugo Underfolder

SOG and AIM have them for  $430.  SOG says they come with accessories, I would verify with them 1st though as accessories have dried up lately:

www.southernohiogun.com/newproducts.html
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:36:59 PM EDT
[#22]
I like mine alot. It's surprisngly accurate with the standard iron sights, especially with WW Powerpoint, R-P SP, and S&B steel cased FMJ. With Wolf and Chinese it's adequate, but not great. It will keep 10 shots of Wolf steel case inside the head of an IDPA target at 100 yds from sitting or kneeling with no sling. It has not failed to function with any of the ammo that I have fed it. It did have a canted front sight base, but drifting the front sight over a little centered everything up nicely. Finish was very nice, especially when compared to some of the other AK's at which I have looked. I did pay a premium price for it, $580 out the door from a local dealer, but it was/is worth it, and I doubt that I'll lose money on it should I decide to sell it. As a matter of fact, if things go poorly for gunowners next week, it may go up in value overnight. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one, and recommend that you do so very soon, if you want one at all. Even if the political situation doesn't change, from what I understand importation of kits is restricted, and some types are going to be in short supply regardless.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 4:54:24 PM EDT
[#23]
haven't shot this one too much yet, but here mine is. just got the thing not too long ago. made the misteak of not getting one of those mak 90's before the ban happened so i figured i would get the most "evil" thing out there before another ban comes around.

here's a pic:http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j88/cqbgod/DSC00498.jpg
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 3:24:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice. I'm hoping to pick one up this weekend @ the fun show. I already have an AK, so the underfolder is mainly  a "just because I can" since the political future of my state may change on Tuesday. These really are the "good old days" for military style weapons, anyone who had to put up with the BS of the Klinton Ban should be stocking up now, because the winds of change are blowing again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 5:01:48 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont have 13 anymore, i have 15 of them

If you want proof, call ED at centerfire, im 18 miles from them, and been driving over to buy them.

my name is KEN, if proof is what you want, call Centerfire

Im not digging 15 rifles out of the safe just to take a pic of them to satisfy a young troll like you two fools
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I dont have 13 anymore, i have 15 of them

If we ask nice will you dig out all 13 15 and snap a photo?  How about just open the safe and take a pic......please!

Steve
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top