Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2006 9:13:10 AM EDT
So, I just got one of these Bosnian Fluer de Lisle marked magazines and I was wondering if there was a market for some more.  For those of you that aren't familiar, these mags are pretty scarce, in fact, much more scarce then most varieties of Russian mags.  What better accessory for all these cool Balkan War relics we've been building?!?!

Condition will range from used, to very used and there will be some that have the original unique spring/follower, and some that had springs replaced with standard Yugo magazine springs and followers.

I figure price will probably be between $100-$150 depending on condition and spring.  I expect to have no more then eight of them.  LMK your thoughts (BTW -- this isn't a "list" I'm starting, but posting here that you want one would help me know who to contact first).

*PIC COURTESY OF THE BUDDY HINTONARCHIVES
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 12:17:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have to have at least 1 for my exact yugo M70 set-up!
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
wow, one of those would be and awesome addition to any collection!

too bad its way out of my price range for now...
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:34:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
wow, one of those would be and awesome addition to any collection!

too bad its way out of my price range for now...

yeah, unfortunately collector stuff is never cheap.  i always tell my wife that when i die the stupid accessories i have will be worth more than the guns.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:47:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Please don't forget about me on this one.

I'll send payment whenever.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:49:26 PM EDT
[#5]
will do.  it will probably be a month plus until i can get them -- my source guy is away from home for work for a bit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:43:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Just so I remember. This is appropriate for my Serbian marked Yugo AK right?

Not the muslim side right?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#7]
i suppose in war these mags would have been in the hands of anyone who found them, but they'd have originated from Milosevic's boys.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:16:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Gotcha. I have a small fleur de lis on my stock....works out great i guess.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#9]
yep -- you'll be the shit then!  

send me a pic of your stock set???

i had one of these mags a year or so ago and decided to sell it because i figured i'd never get another.  imagine my shame when i finally built up an M70AB2 kit -- LOL!  I was real glad to locate these and figured others would enjoy them as well (if i can make it happen).
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 9:18:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Bosniak mag hugh.  Cute lilly
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:38:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Bosniak mag hugh.  Cute lilly

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#12]
My uncle served in Kosovo for a year and brought back a bunch of AK accessories, including a box of "Fleur de Lisle" magazines. I have around 6-7, he still retains the rest....Kinda cool, but I'll stick with traditional Yugo AK magazines. I new they were rare, but I didn't figure the would be worth 100.00 a piece or more.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
My uncle served in Kosovo for a year and brought back a bunch of AK accessories, including a box of "Fleur de Lisle" magazines. I have around 6-7, he still retains the rest....Kinda cool, but I'll stick with traditional Yugo AK magazines. I new they were rare, but I didn't figure the would be worth 100.00 a piece or more.

i had two others in the past and sold them both for over $150.......
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:17:06 AM EDT
[#14]
welp, bad news.  

looks like my guy sold them before i could get them stateside so atleast for now, no dice.  i may be able to get some in the future, or i may be able to get bosnian mags without the fluer de lisle, but we'll have to see.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 1:08:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Just so I remember. This is appropriate for my Serbian marked Yugo AK right?

Not the muslim side right?

I believe the french boy scout emblem was used by the croats in the war, although I could be wrong.  I shouldve brought back a bunch of mags when I was in Bosnia in 02', if I only knew then what I know now.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 3:57:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Fuck..........

I will have money if you ever do. Remember 762hurts. This is about all I need to make my Yugo set-up better.

Link Posted: 4/21/2006 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Someday Im gonna visit Bosnia again, Id like to see how Tuzla looks now.
Link Posted: 4/30/2006 9:25:33 AM EDT
[#18]
i want one of those mags...............
Link Posted: 5/1/2006 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#19]
I am VERY interested...  I should really read the whole thread before I reply...
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 12:59:37 PM EDT
[#20]
So.....Who's got these bad boys for sale?

Link Posted: 5/7/2006 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#21]
The "fleur de lis" or "liljan" was the symbol of the Bosnian 'Muslim' faction and is only identified with them.  So these magazines would have been issued to the ABiH or Bosnian Army, largely Muslim (although not entirely).

Croats use a 'checkerboard' looking insignia, I've forgotten the name.

Serbs use a cross, or a cross with four cyrillic "S"s (these look like "C"'s).

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 2:36:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Doubt my Serbian marked M70 would make sense with a bosnian marked mag really......
Link Posted: 5/7/2006 11:34:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava.
Link Posted: 5/8/2006 4:09:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava.

This is the Serbian slogan usually translated as "only unity saves the Serbs."  

We used to joke that it was "Samo Sloga, Srbina Spavama" or "spavam" (my cases are off this a.m.) meaning something like "all Serbs should sleep together."

It sounds derisive but it might have another meaning to you if you've spent time on the beach at Budva chatting with the hotties from Novi Sad and Beograd.

However, since the Bosnian war's been over for almost a dozen years, hopefully this thread won't degenerate into another Balkan pissing match.
Link Posted: 5/8/2006 3:18:14 PM EDT
[#25]
It is all fascinating to me though.......

So the Croats are Catholic right?

The Serbs are Orthodox?

And the rest are pre-dominately Muslim?

But they are all spred out in each others countries?

How the hell do you fight a war with no front line?

oops....nevermind...I've been to Somalia once..., and Iraq....twice....lol
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top