Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/28/2006 2:40:37 PM EDT
Mine has some, and it got a little worse through handling.  How bad WILL it get?  What is the fix?  (Buy an "new" folder trunion and replace?  Send it "back" to Century?)  When you shoulder it properly, it locks fine, but it would be nice for it to be 100% tight.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 5:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
It will never be 100% tight. When you depress the folder push button it will expose a nut on the right side. Tightening this nut will help some. You have to remove the pin keeping it in place first. Keep in mind what the folder was designed for.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#2]
This is one of the drawbacks to an underfolder. Sooner or later they all develope a little play in them.  It's perfectly normal for this to occur.  JoeBud is right though, tightening the nut a little should help some.  On a side note, the worst play I ever had in a folding stock was on a Valmet sidefolder.  That stock really had some play in it.  I'd rather have the up and down play than the sideways play that the Valmet had.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It will never be 100% tight. When you depress the folder push button it will expose a nut on the right side. Tightening this nut will help some. You have to remove the pin keeping it in place first. Keep in mind what the folder was designed for.

JoeBud:  I see pins and holes, but no nut.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:28:14 PM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't look like a typical nut. Its the part with all the holes in it. The pin prevents it from loosening. Here's a picture.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 1:07:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Kit build or CAI build? Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:13:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 Send it "back" to Century?)

My guess would be a Century build.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 3:03:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine is a Century build - on another thread I have a trigger reset problem ID-d.  That may be gone - I cannot duplicate it in dry firing.  Overall the rifle is nice, and feeds SP/HP fine.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top