Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2006 8:16:23 PM EDT
the dust cover or receiver cover does not want to go on my yugo. I have had a mak-90, so I know my way around a AKs, plus it does not take a rocket  scientist to disasemble a AK! is it a manufacturing error? it's a new gun, never fired. do i need to pound the f#CKER ON????? its a m-70 ab2 maufactured by century arms. are these guns sh#t???? *******disreguard**** I pounded it in. is that normal???????
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:59:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you pressing the little button on the side of the receiver when you try to install/remove the cover?  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#2]
He wouldnt need to worry about that anyway. Century didnt use the push pin. They left that out on their builds.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 9:13:44 AM EDT
[#3]
on this one there is a push pin. I pushed it, not worry about that, it the fact that the damn cover fits so tight that you have to pound it on. what can i do?? file? where?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
File on the front of the dust cover where it sets into the rear sight. Just file it enough to make things a lil easier.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:43:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My Century M70ab2 has the pushpin  lock for the rear trunion / return spring latch. You have to depress it to get both latch and cover to seat.
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:09:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I saw a few Century Yugo builds the other day that didnt have the push button. Thats why I stated it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:48:00 AM EDT
[#7]
On mine, I filed the rear of the dustcover just enogh to make it into the trunnions little groove.

I like the button.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 7:09:31 AM EDT
[#8]
On my Yugo build, I had to slightly file the bottom of the opening in the cover that the spring end goes through. On other builds, Ive also had to slightly bend the longer left side bottom of the cover, as it was bent in and wouldnt allow the cover to sling down enough to catch the spring end. ..if that makes any sense.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top