Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2006 9:57:09 PM EDT
I want to set up my m-70 with a rail system and scope mount. I found a rail system that claps on the barrel vs the triple rail scope mount(it replaces the receiver cover). does any one know if the barrel mount is good? if i got it, I have in mind to add a vertical grip, but I'm concerned about over streching the natural position that you hold a rifle at. I see the mounts for scopes and they all seem very high. does that effect stock weld( the cheek on the stock). I would love to find a black forearm for the yugo and I have been told that the yugo's have  a longer forearm than other AK's is this true ?if so does anyone make any that fit? or is there sometning I can do about the grenade sight?? any help will be very use full.
                                                thank you.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 1:44:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Lot's of questions there.  Can't help on the scope and mount situation, personally I was thrilled to find the M70 had NO scope rail on them as I was used to the old school AK's that had none and were flatsided on both sides.

There is a guy that sells synthetic handguards for the M70.  Not sure of the quality but shoot him an email and see what he says.  There's also a guy who makes "new" wood sets for the M70's, handguards and butt stocks for the M70B1's.

What's wrong with the greande sight?  That's one of the coolest things about this particualr AK, none other like it ever made that way.  

Here is the email address and link to the synthetic handguard guy.
[email protected]

Yugo USA made Grips and handguards-Synthetic

Here is the link/email to the wood sets.

Wood M70 sets

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 5:41:30 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you very much!
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 10:45:16 PM EDT
[#3]
WOW, I think those black synthetic hand guards would look TITs on a underfolder. I just may have to get a set
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top