Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:12:45 PM EDT
I have a lower handguard that is SOAKED in cosmo (inside).  I have baked it for days, and the stuff won't come out.  I might as well just buy a new one (maybe an upper to match).
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I used carbo-sol on my yugo Sks.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did you buy it?  My stock is discollored with the oil/cosmo pretty bad.  How did you apply it?  Was you SKS really bad?
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 4:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Menards.  First I got a plastic bin. Poured in at quart. Disassembled the rifle, and put all the metal parts in to soak. Then used some terrycloth rags. Wiped down the barrel assembly with a rag wet with the Carbo-sol. Then used an old toothbrush to scub all nooks and crannies of the parts and barrel/receiver. wiped it all down then cleaned evrything with Hoppes 9. Cleaned the bore with butchs bore cleaner. Bore looked very dark before cleaning but,turnedout excelant when done. The stock I wiped down with carbo as well. Then with the hoppes 9. Buffed dry with clean cloth.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Centerfire Systems sells upper and lower Yugo handguards for around $12 or so IIRC.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The centerfire hand gaurds are likely soaked in cosmo as well. Shoot it. My hand gaurds where scrubbed clean and still put boiling cosmo down my arm. Rapid fire, disasemble, wipe clean, repeat. Took 4-5 times for mine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 1:27:50 AM EDT
[#6]
This guy makes them and they look killer!

New M70 fixed stocks

Not sure if you will have to register but hey, it's another cool Ak site so why not!
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top