Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/25/2006 7:43:20 PM EDT
Does anyone make replacement tritium tubes, or is it possible to get a whole new leaf and post?  Mine still glow, but it's not very strong.  I would like to bring the whole thing as close to it was at manufacture as possible (excluding its marks of character).  Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Short answer...no.

No one makes replacement sights for the Yugos, at least not direct replacements.  Abou the best solution is to install Merprolight or XS tritium sights, but then you loose the look of the originals.

I had fancied the thought of seeing if we could get a short run of vials from one of the manufacturers, but I honeestly don't think they would want to deal with it, or would charge us obscene prices to do it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2006 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I was planning on using some glow in the dark paint to redo my night sites after I build and refinish my kit.  This is the type of paint I was thinking of using...

Glow in the dark paint

and instructions for gun sites
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top