Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/9/2006 8:36:32 AM EDT
OK - it seems that a flyer confirms that it has a US barrel and receiver.  Will these last?  Will there be problems?  (Some early reviews look good).

BTW, are the bores chrome lined?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#2]
There is a big ass thread on these in the main AK forum.  

In short, I bought one and not only does it look great and have a nice tight stock, but it is a tack driver of a rifle and works 100%.  Well wroth the $500 IMHO.  

You can wait to see how they test out from others, but I think by that point there probably won't be any left to buy!
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Im not too impressed with the build quality. My builds I think look better and they had to go and put the stampings on the side. THATS SO STUPID!!! When you purchase one of those receivers from DCI the markings are in front of the magwell. And the finish, well, Im not too fond of it cause the origional finish was blued. All in all, you can build one for about the same price or a lil less. I have $375 into building each one of mine. But hey, these have new barrels so that is a plus to it. Either way im sure they are good guns. How is the trigger slap?? Is it like every other Century AK?

Here are pics of the Yugos I built. I still need to re-blue the fixed stock receiver. I re-blued the folder after I trimmed the back of it flush.

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 12:00:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Did you intentionally leave the cross pin that aids re-assembly/dis-assembly of the recoil spring and guide off the receiver of both of your builds?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 9:48:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I just havent installed it yet

I left it out cause I was going to blue the receivers a second time after I was finished building them. I blued them both before I built and I blued the folder a second time and I have yet to do the fixed stock gun a second time. Then Ill put in my lock pins

And another thing I didnt really like about the Century builds, the polished off the original serial numbers. Thats kind of a bummer for me tho. Oh well, to each his own. I guess thats why I wanted to build my AKs
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 6:29:17 PM EDT
[#6]
The Polish off the original serials because they do not want the FFL to record the incorect serial number on the trunion and not the correct one on the reciever.  The ATF had a problem when they first started importing SKS's some had two markings and some importers reused the numbers.

Also i have one of the Century M70's It is a great rifle and a blast to shoot lol.  Mine still have the Zasta.. marking on the front sight base The UF stock was a tight fit and so were the handgurads.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Good deal
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top