Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2005 8:29:26 PM EDT
how is the bore condition of the underfolder kits recently?
are they good for shooter rifles?
any other place have them for sale?
is there still a new shipment of exc. yugo kits on the way or is this all that is left?
Link Posted: 12/24/2005 2:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine is wrapped under the tree, so I can't tell you yet, but my bro who saw both of them was surprised they were in such good shape
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought one each, a fixed stock and underfolder. Both kits' finish matched PERFECTLY the heat treat and temper "blue" of DCI's receiver so I built them and did NOT refinish. Had some neat carvings on the wood. Rifle are OK but the bores do suck. Overall they'll probably shoot OK but the lands are kinda flattened, pitting in the grooves, one barrel swallows a bullet and the other shows about 1/8". I'd call them "shooter grade"...........or better yet........"representative Yugo models" in my collection.
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 12:51:04 PM EDT
[#3]
My brother and I both got underfolder kits from CFS for Xmas.  We knew we needed a cheap, fun to build project gun, and that is exactly what we got. One forearm is whittled with someones name, the bores are dark but by no means shot out or ruined.  The finish on both is probably 75%.  The worse thing about both is the conditon of the gas block and tube, pretty rusty inside, but it cleaned up plenty nice enough for me.
I would buy another one without hesistation.  I like it....just what I wanted.  If you want a showpiece, this isn't the kit you need.....if you want a cheap kit to have fun with, get one before they are gone.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 10:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
FYI, my brother just ordered another underfolder, and I ordered a wood stock version for a pistol build..they are worth it
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
FYI, my brother just ordered another underfolder, and I ordered a wood stock version for a pistol build..they are worth it

Interested in selling the stock and rear trunion?  Everyone seems to be out of the fixed stock kits, so I might pick up an underfolder and use a fixed stock from another kit...if I can find one for a reasonable price!

Dawg
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 3:42:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry, as you know after Xmas CFS was out of fixed stock kits, so I just ordered another underfolder to make my pistol with.  Probably easier anyway to do it with the underfolder.  
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
No roblem, I found a source of Yugo fixed kits that is slightly cheaper than CFS and that offers handpick too.  Thanks for responding so quick, and good luck on the pistol build!

Dawg
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Sorry, as you know after Xmas CFS was out of fixed stock kits, so I just ordered another underfolder to make my pistol with.  Probably easier anyway to do it with the underfolder.  

Well, you will have to get NDS to make you a custom receiver or else ask for one with no holes cause the trunion hole patterns are different.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:31:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine showed up today.  Everything is in great shape except for the wood.  The numbers all match.  

It has an old Transformers sticker on the upper handguard.  Maybe it's former owner had a sense of humor about the folder?

Link Posted: 1/19/2006 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Mine showed up today.  Everything is in great shape except for the wood.  The numbers all match.  

It has an old Transformers sticker on the upper handguard.  Maybe it's former owner had a sense of humor about the folder?

eli75.100megs10.com/images/AK%20stuff/yugo%20kit.jpg
eli75.100megs10.com/images/AK%20stuff/yugo%20sticker.jpg

Probably the rifle you got was probably carried by a kid during the Yugoslavian Civil war not to long ago.  Those Yugo rifles have a lot of history in them.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 8:21:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Why do you say your wood isnt that good? From those pics I see it looks pretty nice.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 1:48:22 AM EDT
[#12]
There are deep gouges in it.  They arent in the close up.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

eli75.100megs10.com/images/AK%20stuff/yugo%20kit.jpg
eli75.100megs10.com/images/AK%20stuff/yugo%20sticker.jpg

How is the bore?  dark but with good rifling?  
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:47:21 PM EDT
[#14]
That wood is much better looking than mine.
Link Posted: 1/20/2006 2:49:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Back on topic, the bores look like a sewer pipe to start, but after allot of cleaning and shooting, they are O.K. for shooting. I'll be able to finally shoot mine outsde so I'll let you know how it does at 100 yds.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top