Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2005 11:21:51 PM EDT
How is the quality of these rifles?  I see they are cheap in price, that worries me!  I've shot AK's before in the military but honestly I have no idea who made them, believe they were direct from Russia.

Is this Yugo WASR a viable alternative to a AR?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
what gun are you talking about?  you mentioned russia and yugoslavia while the WASR is made in romania.  if you give us a little more info we may be able to help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn it...my mistake!  It is a Romanian WASR I was looking at and not a Yugo AK.  I guess I just had Yugo stuck in my head for some reason.  Anyway, anybody have some advice on it anyway before I have to move this thread to the correct forum??

Problem is that I would be ordering this online and I would not have the opportunity to inspect it in my hands prior for quality, etc....
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
ordered they are a crap shoot.  i have had one since 2002.  it has been 100% reliable, the front sight is slightly canted, and has slightly more mag wobble than should be there.  they are an entry level gun, but most work really well. most of the problems are from centuries crappy quality assurance dept. and can be fixed with minor tweaking.  I think they are a great bargain.  however, i would rather be able to handle it before buying it.  
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top