Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 6:24:41 AM EDT
what was the original finish on the Yugo m70b1? Just standard blueing like what you would find on a smith and wesson revolver?

I've found someone to work with to fix the problems with my yugo. I'll be replacing the FCG with RSA then replacing the safety etc....

Arsenal USA will be fixing the magwell flexing problem.

DCI did not get the portion of the bolt rail that locates the mag at the top correct.  May have omitted it altogether. So says arsenal, but regardless, even if it is included they'll still tighten it up for me. so all is well.

after all this is done..... I'm going to have the gun refinished to original standards
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 10:22:31 AM EDT
[#1]
The original finish is blue,here's a pic of mine,I retained the original finish.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]

DCI did not get the portion of the bolt rail that locates the mag at the top correct.  May have omitted it altogether. So says arsenal, but regardless, even if it is included they'll still tighten it up for me. so all is well.

Supposedly these are patterned after the 1980s-imported Yugo receivers. Have you spoken to DCI and/or your builder about these issues?

Arsenal/Armory's solution to the Yugo issue when these kits first came out was to grind down the trunnions and install it on one of their own (incorrect) receivers. I don't exactly trust their opinion.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 1:50:07 PM EDT
[#3]
well that's not what arsenal usa/jimmy streetman told me. he isn't going to use any new receiver. he's going to weld a plate on the inside(a la wasr) to tighten the fit of the magazine. I trust him enough that it'll work.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:00:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
well that's not what arsenal usa/jimmy streetman told me. he isn't going to use any new receiver. he's going to weld a plate on the inside(a la wasr) to tighten the fit of the magazine. I trust him enough that it'll work.

Well my opinion of them has now improved!

Good luck, I hope that they get the issues with your rifle worked out.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top