Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2005 1:49:53 AM EDT
Sorry to be a nag, I am anxious to build this thing. CS has the RPK recievers, but they are out of spec?? Is this true? Are they fixed yet?

Are there any other options when it comes to getting this thing put together??? I am VERY new to AK building. Need some direction.

Thanks for putting up with me.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 4:40:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 5:09:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Harlan (from FAC) says that he will have pricing out shortly.  Please stand by!

Yours,
One Rusty Nut
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 11:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Just let me know... Sorry for bugging you guys.
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 12:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Yours,
One Rusty Nut

I'm out of town right now, or I would send the address.  However, I got an email message from Harlan at FAC the other day, just before I left indicating that I should send either my FFL or have my FFL send a copy of his license to Dan Coonan of DC Industries, who is going to make the Yugo M70 receivers.  Pricing has not yet been finalized, but I'm glad to know who will be making the receivers.  I know the DC Industries FAL receivers were good, so I have great expectations now for the quality of these receivers.  Unfortunately, only time will tell but my expectations have been lifted.

Chuck
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:19:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard Dan Coonan was the manufacturer of these, can any one confirm this?
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Have been exchanging comments with the guy on the gunco board, cwtoyota, who is running Greenlight ? Arms out of WA state.  He is building an RPK style receiver out of .063 steel and taking feedback from posters. He has photos up.  Appears to be a close copy of the Yugo M70 receiver and he states he will attempt to make the spot welds correct and (custom!) serial number placement and slant-cut rear correct for Yugo kits.

I commented on issues I saw with the bends; he responded it was the first prototype used for setting up the jig, he was aware of the issues and the production units would not have it. Thus far it is an information-rich post.

Sorry Templar if I violated any rules by mentioning something on another board? But it is exciting news.

B
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I saw one of his prototype receivers first hand a couple of weeks ago.  They really do look nice.
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 8:41:20 AM EDT
[#11]
So is there a phone number or e-mail contact, website?  read everything except where to order....
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 7:35:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Got this from Harlan today:

This e-mail update contains a couple of images of pre-production prototype receivers. The selector position markings will be changed to ‘U’ and ‘J’, or ‘S’ and ‘F’. Please reply with your preference. At this time, we are not ready to offer a heat treat option, but we are working on this. The manufacturer, model and serial number markings will be placed on the bottom, ahead of the magazine well opening. Orders for custom serial numbers will be allowed, at no additional charge. As it stands today, the holes for the trunnion and rear block will be pre-drilled. We have checked a good number of original parts and found that the hole placement is very consistent.

Pricing for the receiver will be the same for either version – for the straight stock or for the underfolder stock. It would be helpful if you can reply with your intended purchase quantity of each version. I will not hold you to these intentions, but it will assist us in determining how to structure the manufacturing run. Pricing is as follows:
Qty 1 - $70.00 (delivered)
Qty 2-5 - $68.00 each (delivered)
Qty 6-20 - $66.00 each (delivered).
As you notice, each price is FOB destination.
Price quotes can be provided for quantities of more than 20, upon request.
Please reply with any suggestions or comments.
We are not yet ready to take orders, but we may open up to start taking orders by June 1st.
Thanks for your continued interest.

Harlan
NDS/DCI

Pics included..................

Also Greenlight Arms has a 100% RPK rec ready. They are assembling them thru Blackwell Ind. Sent my fixed stock kit last week for them to build on a complete RPK rec $250.00 inc rec with no finish. They are supposed to have bluing capability in the near future. For now I have a guy here that can do it.  Should have it built in a couple weeks.

Here is what they have already done with reg rec...........

Waiting patiently........................                      
Link Posted: 6/8/2005 10:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]
So with the closing of FAC...any clue on how to get the YUGO receivers????
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 6:36:52 AM EDT
[#14]
YOU CAN GET YUGO RPK 100% COMPLETED RECEIVERS RIGHT NOW FROM BLACKWELL INDUSTRIES/GREENLIGHT ARMS.  $75.00 WITH CUSTOM SERIAL NUMBERS!!!

BLACKWELL INDUSTRIES

Ask for Matt .......and tell him Action Shooting Supply sent you.
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 8:07:00 AM EDT
[#15]
FAC has not been involved in the U.S. receiver project for the Yugo M70 AK kits.

I am involved in the group that is bringing the DCI AK receivers to market. If you have any questions, e-mail me at [email protected].
Thanks.

Harlan
NDS
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Correction.............FAC is closed !! I called and they are having a complete liquidation and the web-site is shut down.
Link Posted: 6/9/2005 8:59:50 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Correction.............FAC is closed !! I called and they are having a complete liquidation and the web-site is shut down.

Yup, and that sucks as far as I'm concerned. I enjoyed doing business with them.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 11:38:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
YOU CAN GET YUGO INDUSTRIES/100% COMPLETED RECEIVERS RIGHT NOW FROM BLACKWELL GREENLIGHT ARMS.  $75.00 WITH CUSTOM SERIAL NUMBERS!!!

BLACKWELL INDUSTRIES

Went to their website and the receivers are nowhere to be found. Are you sure you got the right place?
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 6:15:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YOU CAN GET YUGO INDUSTRIES/100% COMPLETED RECEIVERS RIGHT NOW FROM BLACKWELL GREENLIGHT ARMS.  $75.00 WITH CUSTOM SERIAL NUMBERS!!!

BLACKWELL INDUSTRIES

Went to their website and the receivers are nowhere to be found. Are you sure you got the right place?

They are not listed on their site, you have to call them or email them for info. Blackwell is selling them for GreenLight Arms (CWToyota) who is the manufacture. Just email them at [email protected] They have built me one and building an underfolder as we speak.
Link Posted: 6/25/2005 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Good deal. I will get right on it. I have tried to order direct form cwtoyota but havent had any response from him. I have bought tools and other things from him before. Oh well, I will get ahold of Blackwell in Monday morning. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 2:57:43 AM EDT
[#21]
tagged
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 1:37:04 AM EDT
[#22]
The www.greenlightarms.com receivers are excellent and all the builders/distributors are using his receivers. His came out the block first prototype near perfect. Now they are done right and he is selling his faster than hotcakes.

Everyone got tired of the wait from the others who have still not come to market. This guy knows whats he's doing and his attention to detail is outstanding. He's actually been around for a while but was a well know secret to many of us. Greenlight is known for their attention to detail and quality, and he will set them up which ever way you want it done, just ask.

They also build these for you to perfection.

Most everyone has given up waiting on the Dan Coonan receivers. Speed to market with the receiver made to specification and perfection out of the second one produced spells disaster for Goliath in my book. My hats off to them for a job well done and these 1.6mm are heat treated at the pivot points too.

He's getting great feedback from builders who have commented on them being a drop in build with a perfect fit every time.

That says a lot right there. Pricing means nothing if the unit is available and well made.

Good luck.    
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 7:49:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
The www.greenlightarms.com receivers are excellent and all the builders/distributors are using his receivers. His came out the block first prototype near perfect. Now they are done right and he is selling his faster than hotcakes.

Everyone got tired of the wait from the others who have still not come to market. This guy knows whats he's doing and his attention to detail is outstanding. He's actually been around for a while but was a well know secret to many of us. Greenlight is known for their attention to detail and quality, and he will set them up which ever way you want it done, just ask.

They also build these for you to perfection.

Most everyone has given up waiting on the Dan Coonan receivers. Speed to market with the receiver made to specification and perfection out of the second one produced spells disaster for Goliath in my book. My hats off to them for a job well done and these 1.6mm are heat treated at the pivot points too.

He's getting great feedback from builders who have commented on them being a drop in build with a perfect fit every time.

That says a lot right there. Pricing means nothing if the unit is available and well made.

Good luck.    

For a bit of trivia, that is the first rifle built on a production line Greenlight Arms M70 receiver. The entire first production run of receivers has been shipped out and the next run will be completed soon.   CWTOYOTA

AND IT'S MINE!!  tHESE GUYS ARE GREAT

Link Posted: 6/30/2005 10:40:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/30/2005 1:30:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Yours,
One Rusty Nut

Got this from Harlan today:

I put in the production order for the M70 receivers this week, but it will take a few weeks for the stamping house to schedule in and complete.

The selector markings will be ‘S’ and ‘F’, but shallow enough that you can buff off and remark.

We have decided to heat treat the entire receiver to a hardness level in the Rc44 range. Pricing will remain as originally announced.

I will send you additional updates when I have more news.

Thanks.

Harlan

A few more weeks????????
GREENLIGHTS ARMS are available NOW!!!!

www.greenlightarms.com
www.blackwellindustries.com Will Build them!!!!

Specifications:
    -.063" thick 4130 chrome-moly steel
    -Rails are trimmed for trunions, bolt and carrier
    -heat treated ejector and pivot pin holes
    -Spot weld pattern copied from original Zastava Receivers
    -Square back configuration for RPK. Easily trimmed to slant back
    -Correct dimensions for tight fit on trunions
    -"U R J" Safety markings as on original Zastava M70 rifles
    -All manufacturer markings are on the bottom
    -matched customer serial number (no extra charge)

Now accepting pre orders to begin shipping on 5/30/2005
$75.00 each receiver plus a flat fee of $5.00 shipping per order
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 4:32:28 AM EDT
[#26]
The DC Industries M70 are available in inventory and ready to ship. Two versions are available, one for the underfolder stock and one for the fixed stock. Orders for standard marked receivers are generally shipped out within a day of receipt of order.

Requests for custom serial numbers are okay, at no additional charge. Such requests will add about ten days of processing time to have the order filled and shipped.

Thanks.
Harlan
www.nodakspud.com
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top