Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/14/2013 2:33:14 PM EDT
Hi all. First of all to those who are not up to speed, here is My first CAI O-PAP thread

Here is the breakdown:

9/23/13:
Called Century this morning, and they are going to issue me a prepaid return label. Jennifer Trombley was really nice on the phone and polite and professional. I asked her what the return turnaround was and she said 3-4 weeks at the moment. I also asked if I get a replacement that I receive the stock with an Eagle crest, since that's how I originally bought it, and she made the notation on that. Not promising anything.

9/26/13:
Jennifer from CAI emailed me a prepaid label with return instructions.

9/27/13:
Dropped it off at UPS facility. Went smooth. They asked me what was inside, and I said an AK47. Ok, thanks, bye.

10/1/13:
CAI received my return. Now it's just a matter of waiting for my rifle to be fixed, or receiving a new replacement.

10/14/13:
UPS guys shows up at my house with my package. This is what I received:

So, I would say that I am pleased with CAI overall on the turnaround on getting my AK47 OPAP back to me. It took 13 days from the day they received it, to come back to me. Impressive.

I was NOT PLEASED that they sent me a Tapco plastic magazine instead of the original Bulgarian steel I sent in (they requested a mag to be sent back that came with the rifle). I will call them back on that, and I have no doubt that I will receive a new mag. And since they sent me a new replacement, I do not miss the Serbian crest as much.

My rifle is straight. Sights are not canted, rear sight tower is straight, front sight is GTG. The rear cover doesn't wobble, and the bolt operates much smoother when racked back and forth. The rear stock is slightly tilted, but I have corrected that myself. Jennifer from CAI was extremely professional and nice, and I have nothing but good things to say about how this all went about.

Off I go to the range...
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice. Now get to the range and take a beating.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Century's customer service has a pretty decent rep from what I have seen reported from others over the years.  They should be good at repairs/replacements with all the practice they get.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:35:04 PM EDT
[#3]
one mag?? mine came with 2. not Yugo but steel.

glad you happy with your results...

I had a UPS store refuse to ship a scope because it was a gun part, now I just drop boxes of none of your business off.
Link Posted: 10/14/2013 6:47:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Is the stock a little crooked or is it just the pic?
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 1:30:46 AM EDT
[#5]
The stock was tilted a bit when it arrived, but straight aligned with the rest of the rifle. It was easily fixed.

And yes, my rifle came with two steel mags originally. When I sent in the rifle I sent it back with the steel mag....
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 3:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
nice..go forth and thrash said AK
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Received an email from Jennifer @ CAI, and while she can't promise to send a crested stock back to me, I will likely receive a new magazine, and some other merchandise as well (she didn't specify what) for my inconvenience. I don't think that's necessary, but it is appreciated.

Top notch service so far.
Link Posted: 10/16/2013 10:31:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Zemo sto ne ostavi orlov grb. Dobro je izgledao hehe
Looks nice now
Well you got lucky with CAI. Good luck buying any parts from them. They need some kinda application fill up or whatever and i told them ok send it to me but never received

If you or anyone else need to fix CAI rifle that have expired warranty contact Fairfax Firearms Repair his name is Keith. Is also located in VT and all he does is do rebuilds or fix rifles/guns. He is good with price and turn around time is about 3 weeks. He did some work on my M76 and boy i wish he put that rifle in first place. Correct headspace and everything. He can do parkerize, gun cote or bluing
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 4:14:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Received an email from Jennifer @ CAI, and while she can't promise to send a crested stock back to me, I will likely receive a new magazine, and some other merchandise as well (she didn't specify what) for my inconvenience. I don't think that's necessary, but it is appreciated.

View Quote

Should have kept the first one, canted sights are easy to fix.
Link Posted: 10/30/2013 1:54:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No. Not in this case. I am happy with my current one.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top