Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/22/2013 1:56:04 PM EDT
Hi guys, Been around firearms most of my life but now I have a new toy.

Can I install a folding stock to my m92 legally or do I have to do the paperwork just for that?   I can't find that specific answer anywhere.  USMachinegun has a couple nice ones. Thanks for any answers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately just adding the stock means you have to go the NFA route...it'd definitely be considered a form 1 SBR...
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 2:59:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I suppose they'd throw me in the slammer if I put it on and went to the range with it then.  They'd probably confiscate it first I imagine.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:23:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep slammer, confiscation and take your money...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Firearms_Act#Criminal_penalties

Sounds like such a small thing...just adding a stock...could change your life though...

Absolutely best not to consider it or even think about it too hard until you get that stamp...
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks again.  I will of course abide by the laws!  Happy shooting!
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 3:30:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Don't even buy the stock until you get the stamp.  If you do get a stock don't keep it at your place, keep it at a buddy's house until the stamp comes in the mail.
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 4:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Seriously??  If it's not installed what does it matter?
Link Posted: 7/22/2013 6:19:35 PM EDT
[#7]
It's called constructive possession (google constructive possession SBR).  Meaning as long as you own both the gun and stock while having them both in the same residence, the ATF and prosecutor would argue (successfully) that you could have built a SBR whenever you wanted.  Having the gun and parts, in the eyes of the law, is just about the same as actually building it.

Settled case law would give them legal precedent to win this easily.  You have to remember the law has very little to do with common sense.  If you decide to step in the NFA realm, keep your head on a swivel by knowing the laws very well.

If you still feel unsure after doing research on the subject consult an attorney.  Money well spent.  NFA world can be great fun but you have to be well infomed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2013 4:11:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you for your informative reply.
Link Posted: 7/24/2013 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#9]
No problem and best of luck.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top