Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2011 3:59:09 AM EDT
Any Yugo AK owners ever actually been to Yugo?  I was in Bosnia and briefly into Serbia and Croatia in 2001.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Yugoslavia doesn't exist anymore but I went to Croatia last year. My grandparents came to the US when they were both kids(in the 1920s). I visited the tiny towns on the small islands they were born on and was able to find not to distant relatives on both. It was quite an experience.

The coast is absolutely beautiful. If I didn't have to worry about money, I'd move there in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 1/29/2011 2:53:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I was in Zagreb overnight in the summer of 1984, on my way from Hungary to Italy.  Pretty county.  (I was on a student trip.)
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:09:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I was in Kosovo from Jan 05 to Jan 06 KFOR 6B got to see quite a bit of the area including Albania, and Macedonia and Bulgaria.
Beautiful countryside, dirt poor people, though for the most part very friendly.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:27:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Croatia and Bosnia '96 and '98 with IFOR and KFOR, 1st AR.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top