Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/9/2009 7:00:19 PM EDT
I did a search but nothing came up. I started to replace the vials a while back and didnt do it and now I cant find the info. Are the Vial sizes

1.55x5mm

or

1.47x5.5mm

Or would they both work? The 1.55x5mm are about half the price!

Thank's Doug
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I went with the 1.47 x 5.5 vials and they worked fine.  They were the only ones available at CPF at the time.  Can't comment on the 1.55 x 5.

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=194646

I just replaced mine with a set of the 1.55x5mm vials from Bart. They fit and work great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#3]
how do you mount them, and any pics of them mounted
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#4]
If you dont have the proper sights there really isnt a way to mount them.

There are small channels that they slide into. I used some RTV to secure the ones on my rifle.

Some yugos came with painted night sights. If thats what you have, glow in the dark paint is probably the simplest solution.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 3:14:02 AM EDT
[#5]
On Yugos, the painted night sights pre-date the tritium version.  Century slaps on either version, you never know what you're going to get.  I've even seen them mismatch them on the same rifle, with painted rear sights and tritium fronts, or vice versa.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:00:08 AM EDT
[#6]
my yugo came bead blasted when I got it, on the night sights there were just indentations of where they were. just tiny divits where they were, thats why I wanted to see a pic of them installed. if mine takes painted sights whats a good source for the paint
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:06:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

my yugo came bead blasted when I got it, on the night sights there were just indentations of where they were. just tiny divits where they were, thats why I wanted to see a pic of them installed. if mine takes painted sights whats a good source for the paint

http://glowinc.com/detail.aspx?ID=41

I have not used it, but others have with good results.

More info:  http://glowinc.com/glow-in-the-dark/gun-sights.aspx

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:13:40 AM EDT
[#8]
thanks, product looks good. now is there a way to fix my front night sight, I guess there must be a wire or spring for the front as mine just flaps around. I can see a pin to push out that must hold a wire or spring. Is there anything to fix that ive never seen a part like that for sale anywhere, or a pic of the part where maybe I can figure out how to make one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a leaf for the front night sight.  It is on the right in this pic:

They pop up on Gunbroker and in the EE from time to time.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:28:37 PM EDT
[#10]
thanks for the pic, now I know what to look for.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On Yugos, the painted night sights pre-date the tritium version.  Century slaps on either version, you never know what you're going to get.  I've even seen them mismatch them on the same rifle, with painted rear sights and tritium fronts, or vice versa.

I know what you mean about the mismatch, My century M70 came with the tritium vial rear and a painted front night sight. I bought a front sight block with the vial from apex, and installed the flip up portion onto my existing front sight block. Replaced those vials, and now im good to go.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Yup, Century did the same thing to me on one of my B1s, tritium rear (still glowing brightly) and painted front.  Quick trip over to Gunbroker fixed that.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top