Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 2:44:31 PM EDT
I took my (Century) yugo out yesterday and shot 90 rounds through it. This brings the total up to 150 rounds since I bought it new.

I noticed that the grip was a little loose after shooting, but didn't worry about it too much since it's nothing a little lock-tite can't fix. After I cleaned I the gun (still at the range) I noticed that the button on the side that locks the stock was missing. 20 minutes of crawling around in the dirt & I found the "button" part, but the spring & nut from the right side was MIA.

Where's a good place to find these items?

Thanks!

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:50:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You can try to hit-up most of the vendors that sold Yugo kits (APEX, Copes, etc.) and see if they have any parts.  Otherwise, you may have to put a WTB ad in the marketplace and hope someone with some loose parts from kits has them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 4:08:57 PM EDT
[#2]
OK. I made a mistake in the description.
The part that is missing is the button on the side that releases the button on the back so that the top cover can be removed.
Does that make better sense?

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I've seen these parts in the EE and on Gunbroker from time to time.  Best advice I can give is to watch both.

I recently picked up an EAA Zastava PAP (M70B1 based) rifle.  I talked to EAA yesterday and they said that right now the priority is getting whole rifles into the country, but eventually replacement parts such as these will be available from them as well.  If they make these parts available to people other than PAP owners, it will open up an excellent source of new Zastava factory parts such as these.  We will see...

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there not a 1 year warranty on Century products?  If within warranty, I suggest that you contact Century direct.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm waiting on an email back from Century.
If they don't respond, I think I have the parts I need lined up thanks to a member here.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top