Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2009 12:29:15 PM EDT
Just got a M70 underfolder. Are the barrells chromelined? Seller didn't know for sure.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 12:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
NO, the Yugo bbls are NOT Chrome Lined (Kind of Unique amoung E. Bloc armies)

Be sure you scrub and inspect the bbl.  Yugos used Corrosive ammo and without the Chrome lining many ended up from rough to awful to sewer pipe.

Hope you got a good one!

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Shines like new money, perfect barrell supposedly from an unfired kit. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 1:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I got one from AIM last week and my barrel is marked Century.  I think it's a new non-chrome lined barrel, not a surplus Yugo barrel.
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 2:00:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Unless things have recently changed, the barrel will be Green Mountain (US, non-chrome).
Link Posted: 4/7/2009 2:41:15 PM EDT
[#5]
This is an older kit before demill of the barrells. Supposed to be all Yugo except reciever, its a Greenlight Arms(?). I never heard of them but I'm in it cheap enough.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:57:11 AM EDT
[#6]
i've got an underfolder as you describe that i had planned to leave in my truck but after doing so for a while the barrel was full of rust...mine defintely is not chome lined....D I C K
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top