Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/21/2008 3:17:48 PM EDT
I was lucky enough to find a brand new never fired Zastava/Century M70B1

I fired it today and was really surprised at how accurate it is. I think I'm officially getting addicted to AKs now. The ARs will have to sit in the safe for awhile, I've got a new favorite.

Link Posted: 6/21/2008 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#1]
very nice  

I've always like AK's more that AR's...there just fun
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Congrats! She's a beauty!
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 6:18:13 PM EDT
[#3]
You only have one?  This is Arfcom, you're supposed to have multiples of everything .
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 6:30:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Lucky guy.
Link Posted: 6/21/2008 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#5]
How many expired presidents did that run ya?
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 9:13:15 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How many expired presidents did that run ya?

I got it on a trade for one of my older ARs so I'd say I've got about $500 in it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I should Have got one when they were running 400 at the shows.

Beautiful rifle you got there son.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I bought one last week at a Texas show for $535.  It was the only one I saw there.  They are getting rare.  I want to put a RSA trigger group in it.  Anyone know if it is compatible?
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 2:23:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I bought one last week at a Texas show for $535.  It was the only one I saw there.  They are getting rare.  I want to put a RSA trigger group in it.  Anyone know if it is compatible?

M70s use the standard AK fire control group, should drop right in.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Cool! I'll pick one up.  But I am a little disappointed to see the threads here about the AB2 (UF) problems.  I wonder if the AB1's are okay?  So far I am pretty happy with mine except one minor thing.  The lower hanguard is a little sloppy and so is the gas tube.  My Polish UF doesn't have this.  How's yours Furious?  Then again, the plastic handguards on my AR's are like that too.  Maybe the slav's don't concern themselves with this.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:19:23 PM EDT
[#11]
The only complaint I have is that the upper handguard is a little loose. It rotates a little from side to side...is that normal? Everything else seems fine. I'm going to fire it some more (ok ,alot more) tomorrow and I'll let you guys know how it performs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 4:39:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I have the same issue with the wood on one of my underfolders (Yugo).  The only fix would be a shim.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Tin/aluminum foil makes an excellent shim for tightening up handguards.  It conforms easily and is highly heat resistant.  A little foil between the wood and the retainer tightens things right up.  I had to do this on one of my M70s, the other 2 required no such treatment.  Minor issue easily fixed.  Other than this small issue, my 3 M70s (2 B1s and an AB2) have been 100% reliable right out of the box.  Yugos are by far my favorite AKs.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Tin/aluminum foil makes an excellent shim for tightening up handguards.  It conforms easily and is highly heat resistant.  A little foil between the wood and the retainer tightens things right up.  I had to do this on one of my M70s, the other 2 required no such treatment.  Minor issue easily fixed.  Other than this small issue, my 3 M70s (2 B1s and an AB2) have been 100% reliable right out of the box.  Yugos are by far my favorite AKs.

Sounds like a good idea. I'm going to do that here in a few minutes. Thanks for that tip Liquidmetal.
Link Posted: 6/22/2008 7:34:14 PM EDT
[#15]
WoW, not one comment about not having an yugo grip I'm glad I bought mine when I did, Yugos are fine weapons
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 12:50:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I fired it a bit more today and it performs great. Heres a video of it.....
Watch my other gun videos while your there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBwsNVm3g-g
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Where's your ear protection??
Link Posted: 6/23/2008 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Where's your ear protection??

I have in plugs and so does my nephew filming. I have hearing loss from being dumb when I was younger. I dont even cut the grass without it now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 7:59:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Mine was also pretty accurate out of the box, which surprised me. I was only shooting at 50 yards the first time out, but i was doing pretty good. I need to get some Boiled Linseed Oil on my stock, though...
Link Posted: 6/24/2008 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Mine was also pretty accurate out of the box, which surprised me. I was only shooting at 50 yards the first time out, but i was doing pretty good. I need to get some Boiled Linseed Oil on my stock, though...

No lie about the BLO.  Both of my M70B1s soaked up four coats of the stuff like a sponge.  That wood was dry...
Link Posted: 6/25/2008 6:56:01 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey nice deal man, congrats you're now addicted to AKs, there is no going back and you'll never look at an AR the same way again.

As for the finish of the wood, I would clean up the wood with rubbing alcohol or paint thinner... what ever... let it dry for a few then rub in some BLO... 1 coat at a time... rub it in then wipe it dry.... rub it in... wipe it dry. You'll be impressed with the results and the rear stock will feel alot nicer on your face. Use Steel wool to rub in the BLO.

Get yourself a correct Yugo Pistol Grip, and a Yugo Sling... You'll be cruising ;).

Your wood grain on your lower hand guard looks alot like mine. The aluminum foil trick works great if your wood moves around.... it will lock it up tight.

Link Posted: 6/25/2008 9:51:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Your not kidding about the wood being dry. I'll have to get some linseed oil and treat them soon.

I found a way to fix the loose handguard. On the inside of the upper guard theres a retaining clip/spring that holds it to the gas tube . It has two lips on it that face each other. I simply took this out(carefully) and bent the lips in just a bit more. Now my upper handguard is sitting firm with no movement.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Question?

How many of you have DCI and how many have Global recievers?

Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:07:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Both of mine are DCI's  UF and Fixed.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:15:12 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a DCI receiver. Fixed stock.
Link Posted: 6/26/2008 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#26]
My 2 M70B1s have DCI receivers.  My M70AB2 has a Global receiver.  No problems with any of them.
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 8:38:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Mine has a DCI receiver

Link Posted: 6/27/2008 3:50:22 PM EDT
[#28]
DCI here too
Link Posted: 6/27/2008 7:58:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Dee Sea Eye
Link Posted: 6/28/2008 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#30]
DCI on mine too.
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 8:29:28 AM EDT
[#31]
+1 on the boiled linseed oil for the wood...but try using murphys oil soap first to clean it up a bit then blo and work it in with the finest grade steel wool you can fine...put twenty coats on mine over a three day period...can't be happier
Link Posted: 7/1/2008 10:16:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Global on 2 AB2's and DCI on 1 AB2 and B1.  (I have a Cugir eceiver on my RPK)
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#33]
DCI as well.  But is it me or does the Yugo fixed stock make an uncomfortable cheekweld?  I have moved my face front and back on the stock and still have discomfort.  Also the stock seems to punch me in the face with each shot even though I make a tight cheekweld (i.e. the $20 bill test).  Also the magazines are tight and hard to change quickly (they do not drop free) - not sure if that's normal, though the weapon has not malfunctioned yet after 400 rounds.  And as I said before, both handguards are loose.  I would just like to tighten the bottom one up.  Where do I put the "shim" to achieve this?  IMHO, not a go to gun - my Noveske fills that roll.  I actually liked the WASR 10 that I sold a little better than I do this - it was more comfortable to shoot, both handguards were tight, and it was just as accurate as the M70 .
Link Posted: 7/4/2008 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
DCI as well.  But is it me or does the Yugo fixed stock make an uncomfortable cheekweld?  I have moved my face front and back on the stock and still have discomfort.  Also the stock seems to punch me in the face with each shot even though I make a tight cheekweld (i.e. the $20 bill test).  Also the magazines are tight and hard to change quickly (they do not drop free) - not sure if that's normal, though the weapon has not malfunctioned yet after 400 rounds.  And as I said before, both handguards are loose.  I would just like to tighten the bottom one up.  Where do I put the "shim" to achieve this?  IMHO, not a go to gun - my Noveske fills that roll.  I actually liked the WASR 10 that I sold a little better than I do this - it was more comfortable to shoot, both handguards were tight, and it was just as accurate as the M70 .

I go NTCH (AK version anyway) with my fixed stock M70s and it lessens the slap greatly.  The relatively short AK stocks make this easy.  For the lower handguard, the shim (aluminum foil works great) goes between the wood and the retainer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:07:07 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Dee Sea Eye

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top