Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2008 7:11:17 AM EDT
Do you guys think someone might be willing to do an even trade one of my underfolders for a fixed stock in comparable shape?  I have three UF's and wouldn't mind a fixed stock rifle, but I wonder which would be more valuable in time.  Any input would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 4:48:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I might be interested.  Are your underfolders Century guns?  Send me some pictures.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 5:29:13 PM EDT
[#2]
All are Century builds.  Two are on Global receivers, and have the black polymer.  I want to keep one polymer and an older one on a DCI receiver.  The polymer rifles are in excellent shape, and were hand picked when I ordered them.  That's why I don't know if it would be an equal trade for a B1, as far as value and collectibility are concerened.  I honestly just want to have both versions of the M70.  So again I ask, would this be reasonable?  I love my rifles (even though one of them had to go back to have a new piston fitted), and would rather keep them all and buy more.  I don't think I need to though.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Regardless of market value, I find the fixed stock B1s more desirable.  I have two B1s and one AB2 and shoot the B1s far more often.  I only bought the AB2 to have one, it tends to sit in the safe while the B1s go to the range.  Just personal preference, but I would never give up a B1 for an AB2.  To each his own...
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:54:34 PM EDT
[#4]
there are more of the folder stock versions out there then the solid ones. I like them both equally, but when I had a choice I bought the solid stock version.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:39:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I know everybody has a different shaped face, but anybody else leave the range with a sore cheekbone from shooting the B1? The way the stock is thick just behind the receiver kills me and I dont have a wide face, rather slim as I am told.. I can sit behind an AKM all day long with no issues. I actually find the B2 nicer to shoot compared to the fixed stock. Just want to know if I am the only one.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 4:49:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Regardless of market value, I find the fixed stock B1s more desirable.  I have two B1s and one AB2 and shoot the B1s far more often.  I only bought the AB2 to have one, it tends to sit in the safe while the B1s go to the range.  Just personal preference, but I would never give up a B1 for an AB2.  To each his own...

That's exactly why I want a B1.  I prefer the B2, but I would like to have both versions.  I like the fact that it has the added "evil" feature of a collapsable stock.  I assume there may be someone else out there with more than one B1 and looking for a B2 for the same reason I posted this message.  They just need to have both styles.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#7]
History shows the folders will be more desirable with time.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:10:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
History shows the folders will be more desirable with time.

And.. more expensive than a fixed stock by a small margin - for now, with a larger margin as we get closer to adding the minirets to the Whitehouse..

And.. FAR more EVIL, thus more ban-able at the slightest whim. Nothing causes Pelosi's yeast infection to flare up the way it does at the sight of a folder AK.

Which is exactly why I decided NOT to trade my 2nd AB2 U/F for an AB1; I have other fixed stock AKs I can shoot if desired, but you can never have enough of the wicked ones.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top