Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/28/2007 4:54:16 AM EDT
I just bought a Century Yugo UF.  I think it is a sharp looking weapon but after firing it I found that the stock has more side to side and up and down play in the stock.  Is there a way to fix this or should I just trade it in on a fixed stock model?  Does anyone else have the same problem
Link Posted: 11/28/2007 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, exact same problem. Not drastic, just a bit of side-side wobble and up/down wobble whether extended or folded. I posted "our" question elsewhere here at the site.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 4:56:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks you.  I put some Uncle Mikes gun locktite and tighten down the retaining nut.  It is very tight now almost no play at all except for some up and down motion.  Boy if I wasn't talking about a gun it would sound perverted.  Thanks again.  
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 8:39:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Thanks you.  I put some Uncle Mikes and tighten down the nut.  very tight almost no play at all for some up and down motion.  Boy if I wasn't talking about a gun it would sound perverted.  

Pervert  LOL

Glad to hear you got it fixed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Also, be sure and watch for the retaining pin on the outside of the pivot assembly.  Mine was loose and had to be peened to stay in.  

I may try and use some lock tite as well.  I need to tighten my retaining nut after each shoot.
Link Posted: 12/5/2007 5:06:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Locktite did not hold had to use a tapered pin, cut down to size.  Checked out the trouble shooting boards and got my answer.  Thanks to all for the comments and help.  
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top