Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/23/2007 8:23:03 AM EDT
Hey guys. As stated in the title.....is there any gotchas I shouldlook out for besides the canted sights?

he

Link Posted: 11/23/2007 8:37:51 AM EDT
[#1]
bent grande launcher sight maybe..
Link Posted: 11/24/2007 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Watch that the dust cover take down button isn't ready to fall off.
Link Posted: 11/29/2007 7:12:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Bumped. Please read OP and any advice would be great.....
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 5:20:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Send it back. If they can't put it together right the first time, they should just stop trying. Fucking Century...
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 7:45:32 AM EDT
[#5]
I managed to whack the sights straight with a rubber mallet. Everything turned out well with the sights and all. But I have other troubles now.

I went to the range and shot 80 rounds through it. I had multiple FTF and FTE's. They sent me a crappy ass magazine that the rounds want to lay side by side on.I couldnt even use that magazine.  I purchased a yugo BHO that works fairly well but still had the FTF's and FTE's.

I think Im going to return this back to JG sales and forget about getting an AK since this is my second attempt at owning one and Ive had trouble with both. Something is trying to tell me to not have one.  Not to mention also that none of the numbers on this thing match either. Im kinda dissapointed.
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
............... Not to mention also that none of the numbers on this thing match either. Im kinda dissapointed.

Good luck on that. Just a FYI but most of the military Yugo's only had the bolt electro-penciled matched to the serial number of the rifle. All the other parts had a P/N put on them that many confused was a s/n.

If this is a Century assembled Yugo, I would contact Century first. They are usually pretty good of correcting it and/or swapping out with a new rifle.

Your expectations of a "matching" rifle are lofty goals IMHO.

Hootbro
Link Posted: 12/1/2007 9:19:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
............... Not to mention also that none of the numbers on this thing match either. Im kinda dissapointed.

Good luck on that. Just a FYI but most of the military Yugo's only had the bolt electro-penciled matched to the serial number of the rifle. All the other parts had a P/N put on them that many confused was a s/n.

If this is a Century assembled Yugo, I would contact Century first. They are usually pretty good of correcting it and/or swapping out with a new rifle.

Your expectations of a "matching" rifle are lofty goals IMHO.
Hootbro

If the rifle would function perfectly like its supposed to I wouldnt complain as much. Im going to contact century and see whats up.
Link Posted: 12/3/2007 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Last post for me in this thread. Decided to sen dit back to JG for a full refund and put that towards getting a new AR built. I would like to have both eventually but I wont buy an AK unless i can test fire it first.

Good luck guys.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top