Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/6/2007 7:50:09 PM EDT
Are the Yugo SKS and M70, M72 slings all the same sling?   I am talking about the green sling with the flat metal tab on one end and a curved flat hook on the other.  

I know that the SKS 59/66 rifles come with this sling but am unsure about the AK rifles.  Did they use the same for both?  

I have an M72 and an M70AB2 and want to sling them each.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:46:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The slings are the same.  There has been some discussion that the later M70's came with the swivel type sling like the Krink.  Here are a pic of each.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:29:47 PM EDT
[#2]
You can use a Yugo SKS sling, it is close to the ones used on the AKs, a member on another forum got a sling with one of his kits and it was just a little wider then an SKS sling but looked the same other wise.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:55:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the Pics!!

I have not see any of the clip-on Yugo slings, but I have seen the hook type slings all over the place.   Including on new Yugo SKS rifles.    I figured the Army would use the same sling and save having to produce another.  

I was at a gunshow this weekend and picked up two Yugo SKS/AK slings for $4 each. Is that a good price?

I have also seen a lot of east German Blue/Grey clip on type slings but wanted to keep it as authentic as possible with my two Yugos.  

MJKBERG
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:29:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You can use a Yugo SKS sling, it is close to the ones used on the AKs, a member on another forum got a sling with one of his kits and it was just a little wider then an SKS sling but looked the same other wise.

Do you have any pics?  That reminds me of a guy on Gunco named Ned Haken who sells them, harping about them being the only true M70 slings.  I've had dealings with him... he's a snake.

I've had many SKS/M70 slings and I have noticed what i consider to be manufacturing variations.  I have had some that the clip is wider than others, and the greens have been different too.  I thing it's a manufacturing issue.  The same as with the Krink swivel slings, you'd hold 10 of 'em in you hand and they'd all be different colors.  

Every time I wash one the color fades also.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:11:16 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I was at a gunshow this weekend and picked up two Yugo SKS/AK slings for $4 each. Is that a good price?

MJKBERG

Who cares.  You spent $4.     I would guess so, I havent ever seen AK slings go for to much unless they are some "Spetznaz Commando Cosmonaut" version.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Actually I do recall seeing a guy on ebay with a whole clothesline full of Yugo slings and they were around $10-$20 each.  In that case I got a deal.

My sling is like the first of the two pics but with no rust.

The east german slings I saw were going for $10 each.   I think there are more east german slings than there are East German AK's on the market.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 7:56:41 PM EDT
[#7]
$4 each is a great deal.  Blackthorn sells the swivel slings for $8+ $10 shipping.  
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top