Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/23/2007 10:38:56 PM EDT
Not saying its for sale, but I am curious what a set-up like this would go for.  In the picture is:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/o_h_a/HPIM0325.jpg

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c50/o_h_a/HPIM0328.jpg

1:  K-Sports customized Chinese SKS w/ gray parkerized finish (including original fixed 10rd mag and receiver cover) and original green stock
2:  Choate Dragunov stock w/ cheek rest
3:  Choate scope mount w/ 1" riser (to compensate for short relief and length of the scope.  the riser allowed me to move it back some to get it closer to me without me shooting uncomfortably).
4:  New NCStar 3-9x42 compact scope w/ illuminated reticle
5:  (all detachable) 1-30rd mag, 1-20 rd mag, 1-10 rd mag, 2-5 rd mags.
6:  Leapers removable scope mount w/ redhead 3-9x40 scope
7.  Bipod
8.  Pouch
9.  16 stripper clips
10. 2 tool kits and oil

I have just recently purchased a lot of this stuff for it and have yet to try it out, including the whole new scope set-up.  Unfortunately, my old dog got a hold of the original gas tube cover and chewed on it a little.  It would still work fine, its just got a few chew marks, he was a little dog.  Most of the mags work well, I have never shot the 10rd detach mag or the 30rd mag, but 5's and 20 have always worked flawlessly and the 30 rd mag is the same brand.  The gun has some wear on it, it was a hunting rifle for the most part but it is still a beautiful gun and I have yet to see an SKS that is equal to its appearance (IMHO).  My dad paid around $100 for it new several years ago and back then these where shooters, not collectables.  I don't know if I want to part with it or not, but its not getting any use and I am more on functional than collectable so right now its just taking up space.  Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Sell everything except the rifle and stripper clips. Then buy a williams apeture sight and you will have a funtional rifle(keeping the dragunov stock on it).
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately the rifle in itself is not functional for me right now as I have no time to go out to the range to shoot it (the closest outdoor range is an hour and a half away).  I have gotte into pistol shooting at some local indoor ranges so I am thinking I would be better suited to sell this and invest more into that.  I have had some looks at the green stock though, apparently it is a collector's item in itself.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Now listed in Equipment Exchange.
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top