Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/22/2007 8:16:21 AM EDT
Where can I find a SKS that I can refurbish to like new condition. I would like a kit that has a great bore w/ little to no rust. What can i expect to pay for this?
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I am not aware of any SKS kits. If I were you I would hit gunshows and pawn shops. The EE might also turn one up. I would be looking for a chicom. Well used I would think $150ish to be reasonable.

ETA here is one in the EE for $150
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=93&t=417037
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 4:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
As far as a kit goes, all I've seen is the SKS Survival Kit at Cheaper Than Dirt.  That looks like a Chinese stock in the picture, and I'm not sure a Yugo would be a drop in. Other parts abound - just Google for "SKS parts." I'd think your best bet would be to buy a complete rifle in decent shape ($109-229 at the gunshow here 10 days ago).  Once you start buying parts, it's easy to zoom past the price of a "new"/unissued.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the advice, I worded my initial post wrong. I'm not actually looking for a "kit" I'm looking for a original SKS that might need some refinishing done on the stock but has a good bore and other metal. I wish I could find one for $109 I'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I just found a chinese sks on the EE and worked out a trade. As for an sks for 109, you may find one but these days it would probably be a ragged out yugo with problems. For another 40 dollars you could go to a local gunshow and pick up an excellent condition yugo.
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#5]
what is an sks worth, assumin its in good condition?  just ball park, im curious. thanks guys
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Depends on condition and origin.
Chicoms in good shape: ~$200
Yugo's in good shape: ~$130-150
Yugo's like new: ~$200
Albanians: $250-300+
Russians: $300+
Romanians and other uncommon variants I haven't seen enough listed for sale to know.

Hi ColKlink!  

Quoted:
what is an sks worth, assumin its in good condition?  just ball park, im curious. thanks guys
Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top